• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Guess Ball wants to go to Collingwood because:

a) he wants to go to a team close to a flag
b) he wants to go to a team that won't drop him for being slow

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Think Buchanan will go ok, but agree re: the other 2, not exactly sure what they're bringing to the side.
Nah I'm with Hoggy. Buchanan is past his best for mine. He's becoming less and less consistent, and his disposal can be very poor at times.

Gonna miss big Jolly :( One of my favorite players.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Reckon Buchanan and Staker aren't the worst picks. Buchanan can bullock around at the feet of Brown and Bradshaw, with a much higher work rate than Hooper, who will now have a rocket up him with more competition for that small forward slot. Whilst Staker is a ready made replacement for MacDonald if he leaves, or can play a foil as a hit up half forward.

Always had a bit of time for Staker, ITBT.

EDIT: What it does mean is that if Brisbane don't improve next year, Voss will be under pressure already, having topped up the list with older players. Its a much riskier way of going about things than pushing the youth and patience line.

Last edited:

Pup_23

School Boy/Girl Captain
Lovett seems destined for St KIlda for their first round draft pick according to reports. His manager rang Brisbane and Port and said he has chosen to accept St Kildas offer.

3 year deal. Will be handy for the Saints.

Pup_23

School Boy/Girl Captain
Sydney seem to be interested in Fev with a four year deal looking to be on the table. Very busy trade week and will be interesting to look at who is where come weeks end.

Speculation that the Burgoyne deal to Hawthorn could be finalised as early as tomorrow.

Mumford from Geelong being heavily linked to Sydney to back up Seaby if Jolly leaves, apparently on the back of a very generous offer from Sydney, one that Geelong have no hope of matching.

Last edited:

Pup_23

School Boy/Girl Captain
Rumour is that Campbell Brown and pick 9 is going to be the deal for Shaun Burgoyne...! Very surprising if true.

Pup_23

School Boy/Girl Captain
Xavier Clarke and Jesse Smith linked to Brisbane. Brisbane fans not happy at all. Voss has been busy this week.

Last edited:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Alot of Swans fans taking the moral high ground and stating how they don't want someone of Fev's moral fiber at the club. Couldn't disagree less, the guy is a gun FF, and I'd be stoked if we get him particularly if he comes cheap which could be a real possibility.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Hawks fans going through the roof, x100 times worse than with Fev, who at least had some fans that advocated it.
Guys like Brown are the fabric of clubs. Would be ridiculous to get rid of him (and PICK NINE) for a guy who has proven he's a liability when things aren't going his way.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Xavier Clarke and Jesse Smith linked to Brisbane. Brisbane fans not happy at all. Voss has been busy this week.
JWS was always touted as having the ability to become an absolute superstar, but hasn't been able to get his body right. Not sure if he could at Brisbane, but the upside is tremendous if they can get him.

Pup_23

School Boy/Girl Captain
JWS was always touted as having the ability to become an absolute superstar, but hasn't been able to get his body right. Not sure if he could at Brisbane, but the upside is tremendous if they can get him.
Agree with that. The Brisbane fans are unhappy about the thought of X Clarke finding a way onto their list. To be honest i can't say i blame them.

Status
Not open for further replies.