• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I hate it how they call it the 1st qualifying final, yet its played last. ****.

Calling next week's game a semi-final is stupid as well, since universally a 'semi-final' is played between the final 4 teams before the grand final.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Reckon it is the other way around. Other than flogging Carlton, they have really beaten any one that good since apparently becoming premiership contenders.
Yeah not understanding this Adelaide hype. A year too early.

No more home finals for the year for one.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Mcveigh and NLM gone for 2 as well....

FFS sick of this undisciplined crap, we will start behind the 8 ball already with 3 less to choose from.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Bugger. Were well and truly outclassed by the Saints yesterday. We didn't play that badly, but didn't look like getting close in the second half. Reckon we can just give the Saints that cup now - with a weeks rest, only a big choke in the GF can stop them now.

Pendlebury's basically gone for the year, and Rocca is doubtful. Was pleased to see how well the big fella did, but then he got hurt anyway so :(. Reckon the Crows should be warm favourites against us, with the players they're getting back, the couple we've lost, plus an extra couple of days rest. And even if we win over them, can't see us beating Geelong once they have their week's rest.

Have to say that I always find this drawn out finals system a bit of a waste of time - it rarely ever throws up many surprises, and we always end up with some mismatches in the first week. It obviously makes money for the AFL to have half the comp in the finals, but as a sporting spectacle it adds little. This round the highest ranked team won each match, and overall its something like 75% of finals are won by the higher ranked team. Reckon a final 6 would be better.

Josh

International Regular
Well there are already a couple of female goal umpires aren't there? Sure I remember seeing the odd one when i went to games in 08?
Should have clarified field umpire.

Yeh Chelsea Roffey is the one going around at the moment. Used to be based in Brisbane but now out of Melbourne. She spoke at our Junior Pres night last year, only time I reckon every single person in the room has been 100% attentive.

Gotta love women lol

Redbacks

International Captain
To me Kennett was being a little facetious. Perhaps to say that the game is becoming so soft that it will become non contact eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.