• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Well for United given Ronaldo was in front of him he was really needed to blazing forward to support in attacks that often. Same thing in the WCQ he played with England when Walcott started.

At least we know, defensively againts the worst best wingers he will be solid presence. So i dont mind his lack of pace all that.

All this talk of right-back, TBH Hargreaves might probably be the best option their overall you know..
Yes indeed, however your argument was that he offered something offensively, which he does not.

Hragreaves would not be a valid option, as he is never fit for extended periods, otherwise I would agree, possibly, would be a bad state of affairs if he was the best England had in that position though.

cpr

International Coach
Re Wes Brown: Even Mary Whitehouse would struggle to pick out any offensive part of his play

I've seen Athiests make more meaningful crosses than him.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Big worry for me re Johnson for England is the dreaded "diamond". He won't get the cover from midfield he would with a traditional wide-right player and he will get exposed against better teams. Happened a couple of times v Kazakhstan.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Hmm...well i first heard of him i always thought he was RB by trade. But i'm willing to take your word on it..
He's a CB who wanrts to play RB because he has less responsibility. He's **** going forward (not as **** as Brown, mind) and has too many lapses of concentration. Before long Zabaleta will be starting RB and he'll be having hissy-fits on the bench.

Craig

World Traveller
My thoughts exactly, can't stand Phil Brown. His on the pitch half time team talk is one of the most pathetic things I have ever seen, and seemed to make Hull go even more crap than they already were. The way he conducted himself during the whole row with Arsenal/Fabregas row was absolutely terrible as well, hope he and Hull get relegated.
I'm shocked that Hull didn't sack him.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Carlton Cole's descent from Laughable Sack O' ***** to damn good premiership and potential international footballer is upsetting. The ultimate insult is i've just bought him into the FF team.
Played football with him at school. Nothing special, just built like a brick ****house playing with 13 year old kids. Leon Knight was better as he could skin you after given you a 20 metre start whilst laughing at you.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Sylvinho is pure gold! - News - Manchester City FC

Good stuff, gives us much better cover at LB than Garrido. Would expect him to move on now, sadly as I like him, but he's not good enough defensively and when Sylvinho is gone McGivern should be ready to play backup to Wayne.

Hoping for a Marquee signing close to the window shutting, Maicon too much to ask for? Would love a great RB. I'll settle for one of VdV or Robben ;)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Potentially a great get for City. Always rated him very highly, better defensively than Cashley when he was at Highbury. If it wasn't for his iffy Portuguese passport I doubt Wenger would've sold him when he did.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Sylvinho has really slowed down though and is pretty old. Apart from for cover and a bit of profile for the club I am not sure how great of a signing that is. Still, better than the cover we've got for our LB.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Was good enough to keep Ronaldo relatively quiet in the CL final and considering he's around as cover for Bridge and mentor to the younger guys, as well as a Brazilian influence for Robinho to enjoy, think it ticks all the boxes.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Whatever pace he has, he's probably still faster than Gary Neville, who, when playing a PL game for us last season, somehow got MotM.