• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well done England, did really well to take this game like they did.

As for Australia, I hope there's a house of mirrors nearby :sleep:

Athlai

Not Terrible
My team of the series,

Strauss*
Katich
Ponting
Clarke
North

Prior+
Flintoff
Broad
Swann
Anderson
Hilfenhaus
Bolded I agree with. Haddin had a much better series for me, Flintoff was average besides that one spell. Would take Johnson over him in terms of bowling and nearly in terms of batting too. Swann slides in for his batting, didn't bowl any better than Hauritz.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
My team of the series:

Katich
Strauss (c)
Ponting
Clarke
North
Haddin (Wk)
Broad (grudgingly!)
Hauritz
Clark
Hilfenhaus (bowler of the series for me)
Siddle

MOTM: Broad
MOTS: Strauss

pasag

RTDAS
Well done England, Australia were weak at the wrong times and England capitalised well, will go down as one the more unusual series victories. Thought it was a touch harsh not giving Flintoff the ball at the end.

Now I don't have to here the word Ashes for 18 months!
Someone to start the 'Road to Ashes 2011' thread :D

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Just remembered, told my best mate last night that Australia would be 350 all out today, about to call and gloat about my awesome betting powers

pasag

RTDAS
Bolded I agree with. Haddin had a much better series for me, Flintoff was average besides that one spell. Would take Johnson over him in terms of bowling and nearly in terms of batting too. Swann slides in for his batting, didn't bowl any better than Hauritz.
Nah no way, Prior was better with bat and gloves, though underachieved and really has to stop giving his wicket away so easily.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mo Matthews just said Strauss out-captained Ponting.
I wasn't impressed with Ponting's captaincy yesterday. He defended against players of the quality of Broad and Swann simply because they were behind in the match. He should have been thinking, "hey, we're behind here, but the only way we're getting back in the game is to take these last few wickets as soon as possible" and setting fields consisting of 11 sweepers wasn't going to do that.

In many ways it betrayed a defeatist mentality that may have cost them today.