• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah see just because Australia have thrown there wickets away, you're ignoring the amount of times edges fell short and dropped catches which on any given day could have been taken.

That's the nature of a 500 chase. This **** happens all the time.
Edges falling short is the nature of a painfully slow wicket, I'd say. Fair point on the one catch dropped off Hussey, but I don't think it's enough to say "Australia couldn't have done it".

pup11

International Coach
Well played England, were better than us when it mattered and that's what counts in the end, and obviously deserve to win back the Ashes, congrats to all the English fans as well, you guys can keep the urn for the next 18 months, before we take it back from you guys.

Anyways, this is quite easily the worst day for me as an Aussie fan since the previous Oval test in 2005, very dejected atm, and surely would take sometime to recover from this.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
:wub:WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Really enjoyable series - maybe not as high quality cricket as 05, but some moments were just as exciting, the victory just as sweet! :D

Comisserations to Australia, you've batted really well at times, but just couldn't get it done.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Well done England, Australia were weak at the wrong times and England capitalised well, will go down as one the more unusual series victories. Thought it was a touch harsh not giving Flintoff the ball at the end.

Now I don't have to here the word Ashes for 18 months!

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
My team of the series, and awards:

Strauss*
Katich
Ponting
Clarke
North
Prior+
Flintoff
Broad
Swann