• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's the pressure of facing a big total to win, though. It's no coincidence that the wickets in often happen when the batters get through the initial tough period, play solidly and start to think "Hmm..., we're in with a chance here."

I only count 3 really bad dismissals too; Watto was always in trouble playing the he was and Clarke was just bloody unlucky.
I don't mean to criticise Clarke, it's just a bad dismissal. A freak dismissal might be more accurate.

I just think when you score 250 runs and the only wickets to fall (apart from Watto) are to freak incidents or horrendous cricket, it suggests to me that the bowling attack don't really have the beating of you. In that situation, 550 shouldn't be impossible (it's obviously extremely unlikely). And I don't buy that they randomly started to feel the pressure with "only" 350 more runs to go either.

pup11

International Coach
I don't mean to criticise Clarke, it's just a bad dismissal. A freak dismissal might be more accurate.

I just think when you score 250 runs and the only wickets to fall (apart from Watto) are to freak incidents or horrendous cricket, it suggests to me that the bowling attack don't really have the beating of you. In that situation, 550 shouldn't be impossible (it's obviously extremely unlikely). And I don't buy that they randomly started to feel the pressure with "only" 350 more runs to go either.
200 run partnership between these two would revive lost hope...:)

kingkallis

International Coach
Here's a tip for the kiddies: Collingwood fields at slip with his legs to far spread, which makes catching outside of his body difficult, as he can't move outside the legs.
I think you have a point!

Mark Taylor's should be followed! One of the greatest slip fielder ever.

tooextracool

International Coach
Here's a tip for the kiddies: Collingwood fields at slip with his legs to far spread, which makes catching outside of his body difficult, as he can't move outside the legs.
Collingwood is a fairly ordinary slip fielder so I wouldn't disagree with that. He's taken some blinders but he's also spilled some relatively simply chances and personally, I just dont think he's cut out to be in the slips. He's more a gully/point fieldsman.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Fancy an early one, will finish this around 6pm, and then I'll crack over the beers. ****ing aiiii

tooextracool

International Coach
Hussey is such a composed player when he isnt leaving it onto his stumps.
Im a big fan of Hussey and still dont understand what on earth was happening to him during this series. We know hes not out of form and I don't think he's finished as a cricketer but he's made more misjudements of line and length this series than I've ever seen from him before. Stoked that hes finally scores some runs though cause he really is a class act.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Well i'm just keeping my feet on the ground tbh. Hussey and Haddin can easily score big hundreds, and then there's always the potential of Johnson coming in to smash a few which will unsettle the bowlers as well.

pup11

International Coach
Not England's fault Australia can't keep their feet in the crease FFS.
Mate, gotta realise most of these things are said in the heat of the moment, so shouldn't be taking any of this too seriously, as fans in that moment of disappointed and frustration you write stuff which you really don't mean.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Mate, gotta realise most of these things are said in the heat of the moment, so shouldn't be taking any of this too seriously, as fans in that moment of disappointed and frustration you write stuff which you really don't mean.
Still doesn't make the posts any less ****ter.

kingkallis

International Coach
Cricinfo :

Welcome back to the third session, and possibly the last of this enthralling series. England need five wickets and they could easily wrap it up tonight, to regain that tiny little urn you see on the right.

It seems Cricinfo doesnt rate Hussey, Haddin, Johnson too high...

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Wicketless final session would be nice to set up an exciting contest for tomorrow. Even though England will still probably win, I'd like to see this series go into its final day.