• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He was ball watching because he knew it was going straight to the fielder. Was just a stupid stupid call from the Huss imo.
To the left of the fielder, yes. Tight single but doable (just). It's exactly why you don't ball watch and trust your partner's call. If he calls, put your head down and run.

That's just the literal angle, though. Most guys would have done what Ponting did. Like I said, no need for the risky single. Just don't entirely blame Huss.

irfan

State Captain
He was ball watching because he knew it was going straight to the fielder. Was just a stupid stupid call from the Huss imo.
Stupid call, yes. But once Hussey got going so should have Ponting - got to trust your partner. Hussey is usually a fantastic judge of a single.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Wouldn't give up all hope, if you don't lose another wicket or only the one more it could still go down to the wire. You'd be looking at finishing the day on around 360/4 or 360/5 in that scenario. 186 with 5 wickets in hand even on the last day isn't impossible. Certainly a steep climb uphill.

Burgey

To the left of the fielder, yes. Tight single but doable (just). It's exactly why you don't ball watch and trust your partner's call. If he calls, put your head down and run.

That's just the literal angle, though. Most guys would have done what Ponting did. Like I said, no need for the risky single. Just don't entirely blame Huss.
Nah, **** him. I'm blaming him. I'll forgive after we win 5-0 at home next year.

inbox24

International Debutant
Wouldn't give up all hope, if you don't lose another wicket or only the one more it could still go down to the wire. You'd be looking at finishing the day on around 360/4 or 360/5 in that scenario. 186 with 5 wickets in hand even on the last day isn't impossible. Certainly a steep climb uphill.
Who do you want to win the Ashes?

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
North to continue the pattern and ton up here.

If he doesn't get any more hair-brained ideas like that one

pup11

International Coach
Burgey said:
Nah, **** him. I'm blaming him. I'll forgive after we win 5-0 at home next year.
Tbh, would forgive him right away if he hits the winning runs in this game...:p

Last edited:

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Hussey to not get out till Siddle gets there, and then both collide and end both their careers.

Yes that would be the best Ashes ever.

Burgey

Two runs outs...**** me dead!
Weird thing about Hussey's call was the couple of tight singles he'd (rightly) knocked back pre-lunch.

Wounded-knee into the attack.

Gotta be up early for a lengthy road trip tomorrow, lest it be said I'm dogging this because we're losing, so I'll have to shoot through.

After I shoot Hussey.

Top_Cat

The other two drops by Colly were really, really tough but that was a dolly especially for such a gun fielder.

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Weird thing about Hussey's call was the couple of tight singles he'd (rightly) knocked back pre-lunch.
Yeah, think this may have been a factor. At least a few times Ponting had backed up a long way anticipating the single only to be sent back. Seems as though he'd decided Hussey wasn't going to call any tight singles after that.