• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

Xuhaib

International Coach
Seeing these guys bat I think that if we had bowled just a little bit better and restricted them to a lead of 400-450 we would have had a serious chance.
I think when they started bowling they thought we have to get England 120-150 but when England was like 150-3 they lost focus and hope and started bowling tripe only when Broan and Swann started smacking around only then they realised there are runs on this track.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Touch and go, wasn't it? TBH it was one of those that was probably technically correct, but I'd have been happier to see turned down. Don't think there's any way the ump could be 100% sure without a replay.
:-O Heathen!!

I think I posted saying I wanted 2 wickets before lunch, because we got them so early and these two look settled I still don't feel at ease. If they bat through this session then I'll be ****ting bricks. Want four wickets next session. Got an uneasy feeling in my stomach, and certainly cbf with this game going another day.

Eeek.

pasag

RTDAS
:-O Heathen!!

I think I posted saying I wanted 2 wickets before lunch, because we got them so early and these two look settled I still don't feel at ease. If they bat through this session then I'll be ****ting bricks. Want four wickets next session. Got an uneasy feeling in my stomach, and certainly cbf with this game going another day.

Eeek.
But you have Stuart Broad, the best all-rounder since Andrew Flintoff in your side, plus Andrew Flintoff the best all rounder since Ian Botham and Jimmy Anderson who's the best swing bowler since Wasim Akram. What's to be nervous about? :p

Briony

International Debutant
Runs aren't really irrelevant when a team has two days to score them. Obviously it's unlikely they will but runs really only don't matter when it's impossible for them to score because of the time factor and survival is the only objective.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
They are tbh, we're still the best part of 400 in arrears on a pitch where, once a wicket falls, there will probably be a succession.

If we're to have any chance of batting long enough - the runs will have come of their own accord - but it will need this pair to survive til tea at least.

Strauss shouldn't start worrying about runs for any 150-200 runs yet. England still so massively in the box seat.

That said, loving watching this fighting effort from Ponting and Hussey.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
But you have Stuart Broad, the best all-rounder since Andrew Flintoff in your side, plus Andrew Flintoff the best all rounder since Ian Botham and Jimmy Anderson who's the best swing bowler since Wasim Akram. What's to be nervous about? :p
Ah thanks for reminding me about all that mate, feel much better now

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shouldn't need him. If we're not sorted by then there'll be bats wrapped around heads.

God, this ****wit Daniel Radcliffe is ****ting me on TMS. I don't want to hear about Harry ****ing Potter at lunch, bring in some guests for a bit of cricket-related talk, not some self-obsessed hack actor.

"Here's a question from some eight year old. On a desert island would you rather have a fire bolt or a cricket ball"

I'd rather have an axe so I could take it to the vapid fool's forehead.