• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Well played by Arsenal, got to say that Portsmouth looked absolutely crap at times though, Arsenal not exactly solid in defence the whole time either. Nice that the team was rotated whilst they still can be mind you, Sagna, Clichy, Arshavin and Fabregas all getting full or partial rests today hopefully will come into effect later in the season, or indeed next week. Can't value Gallas highly enough though, clearly our top defender, need him fit for the entire year.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
See you in League 2 next season, Mitchell. Sounds like we were ****ing **** today, Goodison has apparently handed in a transfer request, 3 defeats in 4 and Charlton next week, ****ing grim, **** **** ****.

Craig

World Traveller
Wesley Sneijder is also being linked to Manchester United. Or at least this is what Real Madrid are doing to try and get more money out of Inter.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Moyes admits Lescott defeat, good stuff. Sit on a broom, Moyesy.

In other news:

Doctors are fighting to save the left leg of West Ham defender Calum Davenport after he was stabbed several times by thugs yesterday morning, while relatives have told Goal.com that he will never play football again.

The 26-year-old Davenport and his mother Kim, 49, were both attacked outside their property in Springfield Avenue, Bedford, at 5am yesterday morning. Calum was stabbed several times in both legs and was rushed to hospital along with his mother.

A main artery in Calum’s left leg was severed, causing him to lose pints of blood, and he was forced to undergo emergency surgery yesterday as doctors battled not only to save his leg but also his life.

There are still fears that Calum may have to have his left leg amputated, with the next 24-48 hours being crucial, while relatives have told Goal.com that the West Ham star “probably will never play football ever again”.

Goal.com sources have learned that the attackers deliberately targeted Davenport’s legs in an attempt to end his professional career and that the defender and his family knew the assailants, who allegedly possessed a grudge against them. Calum's sister Cara, 28, was at the house at the time of the crime, but was not hurt.

There is currently a police guard outside the private hospital room Calum is being treated in. The ex-Coventry player’s mother is also in a “serious” condition in hospital with stomach wounds.

Two men are currently in police custody connected with the attack. A 19-year-old man and a 25-year-old man, the latter who has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.

Knife crime in the United Kingdom has become a serious problem in recent years, with the UK often described as the 'knife crime capital' of the developed world.

In Bedford alone, a town of just approximately 80,000 people, there have been six stabbings in the past week.
West Ham's Calum Davenport May Have Leg Amputated After Stabbing Attack - Goal.com

Pretty full on.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Also, Dean Ashton has retired.
Bummer. Could've been doing the job Heskey does for England. IIRC it was SWP going thru him in an England training session that started the rot.

Also, weird about Davenport. Bedford is a bit of an armpit (pikey central), but I'd have thought a Prem player's wages bought decent security.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Also, weird about Davenport. Bedford is a bit of an armpit (pikey central), but I'd have thought a Prem player's wages bought decent security.
Yeah, I mean, every player expects to have their leg severed whilst out the front of their house with their mother at 5am. What was he thinking not having armed guards?!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Oddly, it my aid West Ham though.

Rumoured to be in a bit of financial trouble, so insurance payouts could help them keep their current squad intact...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, I mean, every player expects to have their leg severed whilst out the front of their house with their mother at 5am. What was he thinking not having armed guards?!
Well, in all honesty, I would've expected a Prem player to have electronic gates at the very least. Especially in a town like Bedford.

Craig

World Traveller
Looked on the Beeb and there was nothing on Dean Ashton which is odd, but I don't doubt you anyway Smitteh.