• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

kingkallis

International Coach
**** I hate Phil Tuffnell. If there's an archetypal non-tubbing, self-satisfied, borderline 'tard Pommie it's him.

He's on the radio now criticising Cook's technique. Now we all know Cook's technique is rubbish, but c'mon, Tuffnell giving batting advice? Next thing he'll be telling AB de Villiers how to take catches.
:laugh:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Guys, what do you think is the minimum good score for England here, considering this pitch, that Australia will find hard to chase?
I think a lead of around 280 will be competitive, much more than that and the game should be out of reach.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Guys, what do you think is the minimum good score for England here, considering this pitch, that Australia will find hard to chase?
If we lost all our wickets for no runs in the morning, it's still game on. If we get 50 more, I'm starting to breathe a little easily. If we get another 150, forget about it.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Eurgh. TBH I would want a lead of 400+ to be particularly confident against the convict batting line-up. Preferably 500. Which ought to be achievable if we bat well tomorrow.

Those 3 wickets have breathed life into the game. Good match, this - shows the value of a sporting pitch. (compare the record-breaking exploits of my other team at Yawnton yesterday).

kingkallis

International Coach
Micheal Hussey in last 10 months :

0 ---> 1
70 ----> 1
0 ---> 2
0 ---> 3
45*
0 ---> 4
50 ----> 2
51 ----> 3
0 ---> 5
64 ----> 4
0 ---> 6
======
496 in last 23 innings
6 os / 4 50s / 0 100s / 1 not out
Average : 22.54

Thats pretty poor for the Aussie standards! Its time to invest in some young blood...

kingkallis

International Coach
180 <---> 220

If England manage to score more than 220 then that means the pitch is playing well and Aussies surely can fancy their chance of chasing 360-380...

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
180 <---> 220

If England manage to score more than 220 then that means the pitch is playing well and Aussies surely can fancy their chance of chasing 360-380...
Australia will back themselves to score anything up to about 400 regardless.

JBH001

International Regular
Athlai said:
Hell any quote from anyone about Broad prior to this session would be interesting.
To echo that other member, and president if I am not mistaken, of the SBAS: :cool: .

Went to bed last night at 61 for none and wake upto this, with Broad scything through the Aussies, have to watch the highlights later this afternoon.

I dont think England have it yet, but if they set Aus a target over 350+ that should be all she wrote for the Aussies, with anything over 300 as a target being competitive. Under 300 will not be good enough, I think. The last 7 wickets really need to get another 150 runs tomorrow. England could use a final 50 from Flintoff.

Shame I wont be watching the morning session, All Blacks vs Wallabies tonight. Should be another humdinger.

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Laddies have us at four-to-one on, who'd of thought that at the start of the day:blink:

Tempted to pile on at 7/2 Oz, TBH.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I initally wrote that Jimmeh's to manou was the only one that stood out, but then I remembered there were some decent nuts from the crims to us in the last Test, however I have erased them from memory and couldn't single any particular wicket up. Didn't wish to be labelled biased or anything, not me :ph34r:

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Sigh... that's the end of my Ashes. :( Off on holiday at 5am tomorrow. :)

Will be checking my phone lots to see how we're doing.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I initally wrote that Jimmeh's to manou was the only one that stood out, but then I remembered there were some decent nuts from the crims to us in the last Test, however I have erased them from memory and couldn't single any particular wicket up. Didn't wish to be labelled biased or anything, not me :ph34r:
Clark to Colly at Leeds