• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Spurs deserved to win, we were disappointing. Not much imagination and plenty of passengers in that game. When Benayoun got on we started really pushing on. Spurs defended intelligently while creating chances. Playing like that they'll have a great season.
Until all their decent players get sold in January then.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm not so sure to be honest. Not a huge fan of Redknapp, but feel Andy Gray has got noticeably worse over the last few years. I really hate the way he has to put the boot in every time the referee makes a slightly dubious decision. I mean, it's lovely for all the pundits etc.. to harp on about how the player should respect the referee and all that, but when all the kids watching hear all these camel coat wearing, cigar chewing, fat ****s saying things like "absolutely disgraceful decision, the ref has ruined the match" every week it's no wonder that there are so many issues with respecting the referees at so many levels of the game.

But on Redknapp, yes he's as insipid as a wet blanket, and most of the rest of the Sky Team are horribly smug as well you say, I don't mind Alan Parry though, I think he is their top man, Rob Hawthorn not bad either, the rest are mediocre/gash.
Well of course he is, he's from Wirral.

It's a rare Monday where I get to go to work and say to everyone else in the office, "so how did your team get on this weekend?" but tomorrow shall be one. Showed those Premier League jokers that supposedly overshadow us how to win a ****ing match

I don't care that Tottenham and Arsenal are better sides than Gillingham, so **** off yeah?

chalky

International Debutant
I'm not so sure to be honest. Not a huge fan of Redknapp, but feel Andy Gray has got noticeably worse over the last few years. I really hate the way he has to put the boot in every time the referee makes a slightly dubious decision. I mean, it's lovely for all the pundits etc.. to harp on about how the player should respect the referee and all that, but when all the kids watching hear all these camel coat wearing, cigar chewing, fat ****s saying things like "absolutely disgraceful decision, the ref has ruined the match" every week it's no wonder that there are so many issues with respecting the referees at so many levels of the game.

But on Redknapp, yes he's as insipid as a wet blanket, and most of the rest of the Sky Team are horribly smug as well you say, I don't mind Alan Parry though, I think he is their top man, Rob Hawthorn not bad either, the rest are mediocre/gash.
Lost all respect for him a few years ago when having a go at linesman giving a tight offside even though the striker was just offside. His arguement was that the linesman should have given the benefit of the doubt to the striker, even though he ws offside, as it was very close and there was no way the lino could have been sure and he was preventing goal scoring chances. So he tore this lino a new one even though he got the decision correct.

Gray also never ever criticises his mates (Fat Sam, Peter Reid & Souness) teams or tactics no matter how bad they are.

chalky

International Debutant
Liverpool where gash today got outplayed in all departments, was it me or did Torres not look fully fit a couple of times he seemed get ahead of the last defender but just pull away like he normally does.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I never saw the game but my Dad said they were complete turd. Denied a blatant pen, I saw that, but I'm sure that will more than balance out by the end of the season. From speaking with the old man and reading a few posts in here, sounds like they missed Alonso.

chalky

International Debutant
I never saw the game but my Dad said they were complete turd. Denied a blatant pen, I saw that, but I'm sure that will more than balance out by the end of the season. From speaking with the old man and reading a few posts in here, sounds like they missed Alonso.
But for Keane having a mare and Reina a stormer could have been 4 down at half time. A friend of mine who is a big scouse fan reckons there have been rumblings about Carragher for this season and he could be on the downhill slide.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Good old Scousers, give it all the "this is our year" bollocks as usual and then play like a bunch of incompetent wankers in their first game.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
But for Keane having a mare and Reina a stormer could have been 4 down at half time. A friend of mine who is a big scouse fan reckons there have been rumblings about Carragher for this season and he could be on the downhill slide.
Carragher's been going downhill for a while now.

Craig

World Traveller
Much prefer a minute's applause to a minute's silence, nice
AWTA.

I thought he was really good considering he's not a tall man and when Blackburn did play through the feet our midfield (bar Barry) just didn't work hard enough to help the defense. It's easy to just blame Richard Dunne for everything but really, it's a team problem and it needs to be addressed. Some of the situations he is being put in just aren't good enough from the rest of the guys.

I really thought we were going to pay for not playing De Jong over SWP and on another day we could've lost by a decent margin for that very reason.
I thought Ireland had a good game.

Sven calls on Nedved and Figo

ITSTL.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
FFS, why couldn't this Notts County guy have bought us? Would have had to climb one division less

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Lost all respect for him a few years ago when having a go at linesman giving a tight offside even though the striker was just offside. His arguement was that the linesman should have given the benefit of the doubt to the striker, even though he ws offside, as it was very close and there was no way the lino could have been sure and he was preventing goal scoring chances. So he tore this lino a new one even though he got the decision correct.

Gray also never ever criticises his mates (Fat Sam, Peter Reid & Souness) teams or tactics no matter how bad they are.
Yeah this is the exact kind of thing I mean, the guy is just a tool, I used to find him very knowledgeable and impartial, but over time he has just become increasingly annoying and just insists on perpetuating his own ******ry onto anyone listening every time he gets the opportunity to open his mouth.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Most peaople regard him as 1 of the top defenders in the Premiership over the last 5 years and didn't notice it last season as Liverpool had a very good defensive record:mellow:
Well I don't mean that he's crap but definitely not in the top 10 defenders or so.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Carragher - another big beneficiary of the Liverpool hype brigade.

If you narrow it down purely to defensive merits then he might scrape in a top 10, but his ball distribution is substandard as well as contributing very little to attacks.