• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, pretty dull, thought it was a fairly poor choice of game tbh, though I guess we got each of the fabled four on TV this weekend which is the most important thing as far as making money goes. Whereas the Liverpool-North London games are both good choices on paper

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Have to be honest, I'm kinda supporting the clean sheets for Foster & Evra now. Does that make me a bad person? :unsure: :p
Yes, yes it does:@, hmm beating by Gimh, never mind....

I've got Evra too, and I would still be happy with a goal for Brum, who are playing a bit better now, but why couldn't they have started like this, and not waited to be in a goal-deficit before they started playing8-)

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Dunno, a lot of crap teams in the Division I'm afraid. Pompey and Hull in freefall, and not impressed with any of the ones that have come up, which does include Brum admittedly. Can't really see a Stoke or Wigan amongst those three. Perm any from those five, I'd of thought.

It's been quite a frustratingly stupid match this though, and does give credence to some of the Prems detractors. Surely with the loss of a number of key defensive players for Man U, Birmingham should of had a go. Instead they park the bus and allow Man U to create pressure, and inevitably the goals come. Birmingham have looked quite threatening at times when they occasionally attack.

Btw I'm not saying Man U wouldn't of won even if Brum had gone for it, probably about 4-2, but it would of been a better chance for them IMHO, if they'd had a go, and more entertaining then this insipid (unless you support Man U) affair.
Birmingham have given a pretty decent account of themselves today. I just don't think they have the quality or the physicality to compete. Robbie Blake and Burnley also look dead certs to me. Jesus, they looked poor.

So much **** knocking around in the Premier League this season.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, it's the crap kind of logic. Play for the zero then you're ****ed when the opposition get one, and let's be honest when it's United they are gonna get the one, at OT

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Hull look like they could do a job. Despite Chelsea having a plethora of chances, they look like a battle equipped club. Got some huge players and like Stoke, that is all you need sometimes.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Have to be honest, I'm kinda supporting the clean sheets for Foster & Evra now. Does that make me a bad person? :unsure: :p
Very very much so.

This is the reason I stopped with AFL DT. I care more about the players getting stats then I do about the actual game, was affecting my view of matches.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
See, I'm the opposite, I handicap myself by refusing to ever pick certain players, though as i said to you yesterday I did go against myself and pick Cahill this season

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Very very much so.

This is the reason I stopped with AFL DT. I care more about the players getting stats then I do about the actual game, was affecting my view of matches.
Yeah, in reality I'd still prefer a Brum equaliser and then winner, tbh.

What I will say for the DT is that it makes me care about games I wouldn't otherwise give a toss about like (say) Fulham v Villa if I've got one of their players.

Wow. Good save from Foster. Brum carved thru the ManUre defence.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, in reality I'd still prefer a Brum equaliser and then winner, tbh.

What I will say for the DT is that it makes me care about games I wouldn't otherwise give a toss about like (say) Fulham v Villa if I've got one of their players.
Well often I take the game as a consolation, like LMS, the football results matter more, but it's a slight consolation if I pick up Fantasy points. So I have no probs picking Man U Chelsea and Stoke players despite their inherent evil.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
You get the feeling with Owen that if he scored, he would kiss the badge. :dry:

Should have scored there.