• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

Stapel

International Regular
I doubt Onions will be dropped for Panesar...., but one never knows.

Anyway, I'm still far more puzzled by the fact that Ian Bell, who really should have been axed, is promoted to #3. That's just plain stupid, imho.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Surely this will be Bell's chance? hard to see a way back for him if he fails here and Trott does well, at least not anytime soon. Maybe he can do what Strauss did in NZ though :ph34r:

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Stop worrying about Bell, it's not as if he made a pair the last time he played Australia at the Oval...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Imagine it. "You're not playing today, [whoever]"

"Er, I ****ing am!"

"Er er er...okay I was only joking, please don't steal my dinner money"

:ph34r:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Surely this will be Bell's chance? hard to see a way back for him if he fails here and Trott does well, at least not anytime soon. Maybe he can do what Strauss did in NZ though :ph34r:
Will probably get a half century which although proving none of his doubters wrong might be just enough to get him in the side for South Africa.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Haha.

I hope Bell becomes a great England captain one day. We really do need that end named after him.

Athlai

Not Terrible
If Bell and Panesar win this for England will SP accept the victory? A hard question.

I mean the chances are 1 in a million but you never know.

irfan

State Captain
If Bell and Panesar win this for England will SP accept the victory? A hard question.

I mean the chances are 1 in a million but you never know.
No.

Scaly's irrational hatred of Panesar >>>>>>>>>>>> Scaly's patriotism

Athlai

Not Terrible
Hope he gets a 10 wicket haul and Bell double tons up just to see the reactions on CW. Would be incredible.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
I will gladly cheese grate my genitals if Bell and Panesar win us the Ashes. But my goolies are safe because that is never happening in a million years.

fredfertang

I will gladly cheese grate my genitals if Bell and Panesar win us the Ashes. But my goolies are safe because that is never happening in a million years.
Well you will have to do it yourself because despite the willingness to undergo such treatment evidenced by the above post should you try and enlist someone else to carry out such mutilations said third party will be guilty of an offence contrary to s.20 Offences Against the Person Act 1861

..... so anyway I would suggest one century for Bell and 6+ wickets for Monty and this forfeit will be engaged?

..... I admire your courage but, personally, reckon avatar bets are safer :dry:

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Okay, if Bell contributes a 100 or Panesar takes at least 8 wickets in a match winning cause I will cheese grate my genitalia, take a picture and avatar it? Failing that, a picture of Stevie G who looks like a bulldog's scrote anyway.

fredfertang

Okay, if Bell contributes a 100 or Panesar takes at least 8 wickets in a match winning cause I will cheese grate my genitalia, take a picture and avatar it? Failing that, a picture of Stevie G who looks like a bulldog's scrote anyway.
you're a very brave man :notworthy

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Could this be an Everton fan speaking? You will be relieved to hear that the worst possible result our national cricket team can register in these Ashes is 2-1 :ph34r:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
He is mentally weak, because in almost every pressure situation Bell's career excpet Brisbane 06 & Multan 05. He has failed.

Him scoring runs at FC level, further highlights the underlying problem in CC of - the poor standard of bowling. Look at that bowling attack, geez behind Sidebottom its rubbish.
That the standard of bowling in the CC is poor is hardly suprising when you look at the ridiculous scheduling of English domestic cricket.