• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Jamie Rednknapp is unbelievably a bigger tosser than Andy Gray.

Does anyone on Sky's football coverage have anything contentious to say? Just ass licking, JT, Lamps, Sir Alex, Ricky (know colloquially as Ricardo) bollocks.

Smug wankers on the gravy train. Even more the Beeb boys, quota Oxbridge Indian boy and all.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Jamie Rednknapp is unbelievably a bigger tosser than Andy Gray.

Does anyone on Sky's football coverage have anything contentious to say? Just ass licking, JT, Lamps, Sir Alex, Ricky (know colloquially as Ricardo) bollocks.
I'm not so sure to be honest. Not a huge fan of Redknapp, but feel Andy Gray has got noticeably worse over the last few years. I really hate the way he has to put the boot in every time the referee makes a slightly dubious decision. I mean, it's lovely for all the pundits etc.. to harp on about how the player should respect the referee and all that, but when all the kids watching hear all these camel coat wearing, cigar chewing, fat ****s saying things like "absolutely disgraceful decision, the ref has ruined the match" every week it's no wonder that there are so many issues with respecting the referees at so many levels of the game.

But on Redknapp, yes he's as insipid as a wet blanket, and most of the rest of the Sky Team are horribly smug as well you say, I don't mind Alan Parry though, I think he is their top man, Rob Hawthorn not bad either, the rest are mediocre/gash.

Last edited:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Birmingham have given a pretty decent account of themselves today. I just don't think they have the quality or the physicality to compete. Robbie Blake and Burnley also look dead certs to me. Jesus, they looked poor.

So much **** knocking around in the Premier League this season.
Burnley looked decent yesterday I thought. Need to sort out their defending from set pieces if they don't want to be another West Brom.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Loving the Prem so far. Decided Everton were my second favourites, only for last nights' events to occur... haha.

As someone has commented on, it seems there are a lot, a lot, a lot of rubbishy sides around. Which I'm fine with, but is interesting.

Time for Torres and The P00lllllllllllllllll

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Since when has Keasy started called matches "presentations", I ****ing despair.

I'll be off to see Exeter and Yeovil's presentation at St James park on Tuesday, really don't think it'll catch on:blink:

No draws yet on the opening weekend, has this ever happened before?

Where's Motty when you need him?!?!

Last edited:

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Awaits Jamie Wedknapp's "Benoit's foot is literally a rocket launcher" half time analysis comment.

Spurs to win 6-1.

Scaly piscine

Hope Spurs win, Liverpool are somewhat anti-football and it would be marginally interesting statistically to have the first round of games all end with one side winning (ie no draws).

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Very, very poor first half from Liverpool, but hopefully now we'll see them at their best in the second half - playing attacking football.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Something in the Mersey water that renders centre-halves unable to mark the oppo at set pieces, obv. First Everton and now Liverpool. Comedy stuff.

Scaly piscine

Wonder if this will be the season Liverpool finally accept that their manager is incompetent and give him the sack?

If it weren't for penalty shootouts they'd have won sweet FA.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Enjoyed the match, Spurs definately deserved to win. We were definately lacking some midfield presence.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Spurs deserved to win, we were disappointing. Not much imagination and plenty of passengers in that game. When Benayoun got on we started really pushing on. Spurs defended intelligently while creating chances. Playing like that they'll have a great season.