• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Right, let's give this football league show lark a go.
The anoying email bbc thing running across the top of the is already anoying me a great deal.

Got our little feature on now (bet they mention a pub on every corner)

0-0 a bit dissapointing today for the bees but happy with 4 points from the first two games.

Jarquis

From all reports Arsenal were awesome today but equally Everton were woeful.
I haven't had a chance to see the highlights yet but I refuse to get excited over one resuly it's happened too many times before; what I will say however is that I personally believe we'll surpass a few expectations this year.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
From all reports Arsenal were awesome today but equally Everton were woeful.
I haven't had a chance to see the highlights yet but I refuse to get excited over one resuly it's happened too many times before; what I will say however is that I personally believe we'll surpass a few expectations this year.
Yeah this mirrors my thoughts quite closely. Though Everton were particularly poor in certain areas today, Arsenal did well, I thought Gallas and Vermaelen looked very solid as a new defensive pairing, and if they can both stay fit for the majority of the season they should provide a very strong backbone to the side. A lot of the younger players are visibly improved from last year as well, I thought Denilson and Song both looked a lot more mature than on the majority of their outings last season, and the midfield just controlled the game. Enough to challenge for the title? Too early to say, but I suspect not, good enough for 4th place? I would have thought so.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Of course Lescott's playing. That's what he's got a contract for.

And of course he's getting booed. He's been a selfish bastard and treated a club that has only ever been good to him like crap. Everton's fans tried showing him how much they loved him in the pre-season games. How does he respond? With a written transfer request, all because some ****e team has more money to offer him.
Jog on ****.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Ah, can anyone seriously say they feel sorry for Warnock?

Couldn't have happened to a bigger ****
Couldn't agree more - most amusing, especially to be capped with them losing in the last minute.

And in other news, we're somehow the only team with 2 wins out of 2 in the Championship, in spite of only having 11 first teamers available at the moment.

Will still struggle over the season though, still thinking a punt on relegation is worth it.

cpr

International Coach
Surprised the most shocking and unbelievable story from the Championship has hardly been mentioned.

Never in my life have I witnessed a more adject and downright disgraceful performance in my life. Some peoples ineptitude can ruin a game completely. These folks should never be allowed on a football pitch again.

I mean seriously, how can you call yourself a professional when Shola Ameobi has put a hat-trick past you

Craig

World Traveller
WAG.

Watched Chelsea v Hull & Blackburn v Man Citeh and I have to say I am glad the Prem is back on and I enjoyed both games. I thought Hull were unlucky to lose as I thought they played well enough for a draw, their defending at times was dodgy, but Boaz Myhill had a pretty good game IMO, and there is no way he can be held at fault for those two goals conceded and by rights Chelsea should of racked up a similar score to the Everton v Arsenal match. As much as I dispise Didier Drogba, his goal was brilliant. As for Blackburn v Citeh, Richard Dunne was heart-in-the-mouth defending at times.

fredfertang

Surprised the most shocking and unbelievable story from the Championship has hardly been mentioned.

Never in my life have I witnessed a more adject and downright disgraceful performance in my life. Some peoples ineptitude can ruin a game completely. These folks should never be allowed on a football pitch again.

I mean seriously, how can you call yourself a professional when Shola Ameobi has put a hat-trick past you
:down: it's what happens when you sack/sell all your first team and play the reserves

chalky

International Debutant
Anyone watching Goals on Sunday with Phil Brown having a pink jumper wrapped around his neck. Just when you think someone couldn't look any more of a pr!c

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Let's have a sweep on incorrect uses of the word 'literally' by Jamie Redknapp on air this season.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
My favourite from last season was, "The ball literally exploded from Ronaldo's foot".

Or "Mikel Arteta is literally a magician with his feet"

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rather like Jamie Mackie's phantom goal a few years ago.

Even if it is Colin, I still think it's a joke as it could easily happen to anyone... the goal that never was cost Boothroyd his job last year against Reading. It's just base, base incompetence.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Did anyone see The Sunday Supplement on Sky today? The scribes (Neil Custis in particularly) were suggesting that Brizzle were somehow to blame because they didn't alert the officials! Pie in the sky or what? Have they not been watching football for the last decade??!!?! Feigning, shirt-pulling and time-wasting are endemic, but a team should admit they've conceded. For me it's like not walking; it's the officials' call and there's no obligation on the opposing team to own up.