• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
They got hammered the rest of the game tbh. Very average.

Craig deserves credit for showing faith in Hentschel. I think most people had him down for delisting at the end of this year given his chronic knee problems and the performance of Tippett, the potential of Walker etc. It'll be interesting to see how he fits into the team when Burton is fit, but it could be a fairly dangerous forward line come finals time.

Sloane's debut was great too. Lots of class.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
The bigger issue than personnel for Hawthorn this year has been the number of players that didn't get in full pre-seasons. It's becoming harder and harder to carry through players who don't get a whole pre-season in before the start of the season, and the fact that a number of their key players had to have off-season surgery which delayed the start of their pre-season has shown up through their inconsistency within games.

howardj

International Coach
Geez, the Crows are up and about.

Great effort to come back from that early deficit last night.

Anyway, off to my first game of the season tonight.

So amped up!!

Craig

World Traveller
Been any to any games yet Gelman? There is no way a NRL fan can go to more AFL games in a season then somebody who was brought up on the game. And nobody turns up to our games anyway!

Redbacks

International Captain
There is really not one iota of excitement associated with the crows other than looking at the balance sheet at the end of the season. Such a boring club at times!

All Neil Craig ever has to say is: "it was a great experience for this playing group to go through" :wacko:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, what? It's a pretty exciting time to be an Adelaide fan IMO. Very inexperienced list right now that is performing solidly and has improved throughout the season.

Redbacks

International Captain
I can't remember watching many crows games in recent times and being entertained other than by hoping my tip will be correct. If the club wants to sit there and finish 6-8th every year and flop in the finals whilst playing boring football that's fine at least it can explain to the AFL why the fans don't turn up in September anymore, they know the reality of the situation, who would care about $10 more for a ticket if you believed the team were actually a contender.

Last edited:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Really sounds like you're talking about another club. Adelaide has gone through major list changes in the last two seasons, it's not stagnating in the middle of the table with the same group. The brand of football has also changed dramatically this season.

I'd say most Adelaide fans would have been happy to scrape into the 8 this season, given how many young players we've got in the side and so on. Having a shot at the top 4 is a bonus.

pasag

RTDAS
Been any to any games yet Gelman? There is no way a NRL fan can go to more AFL games in a season then somebody who was brought up on the game. And nobody turns up to our games anyway!
Been a really busy year. Will go to a game even if it means a non-Carlton one. Home final would be really nice as well. Hey at least you can't call me a fairweather supporter, used to sit there week in week out while the side was getting thrashed with no end in sight.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Wow Richmond were appalling today. Can't remember off the top of my head a worse effort from an AFL team. We won by nearly 100 points but I reckon Mick will tear strips of the boys after what they turned out today. We should have won by another 8 goals - there was a lot of fumbling and lack of intensity from the guys - a team like St Kilda will cane you for that. That said it might have been Richmond's awfulness that made the guys drop off a bit.

Didak vs King was worth watching.

Well done to Leigh Brown on his 200th, and of course well done to Bowden on a good career. Unfortunately the Tiges banner was accurate - it's a shame he had to go out this way.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Crows' brand of footy is so much better since the emergence of Tippett. Willingness to go long to a contest inside 50, and suddenly it brings players like Knights into the game, and the Porpoise doesn't have to be a target and can get more creative.

Status
Not open for further replies.