• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
St Kilda are the best team I've ever seen. Unbelievable to win with the players they have out.

Hawthorn can go and **** off too. Worst premiership defence I can remember in a long time.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
WEEEEAGLES! First away win in...how long? Were paying $10 ffs.

Three upsets in three games. Awesome stuff.

pasag

RTDAS
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Amazing game, Kruezer was brilliant in the ruck, our defence played better then I've seen them play in five years with Thorton doing so well and we smashed them in the midfeild. Outplayed Geelong for 4 quarters of football, who saw that coming?

Wont make it to September Matt? :laugh: We've now beaten 3 teams in the top 4 and almost beat St Kilda, if we'd have won some of those close games earlier in the year we'd be in the top 4 pretty easily, though we haven't played such good football at times.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah Matt looks a bit silly now. Blue baggers had a weird season, but definitely good enough for finals.

Man, what a weird round so far.

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
But you didn't, hence not. Not sure why people always use this statement as some sort of vindication.

"Hey well if we had 3 more wins we'd have 3 more wins!"
No, ffs, it means what it means. We had some games that went right down to the wire, if we'd won them like we could have very easily then we'd be in the top four. My point is that we are close, not that we're good enough, better than any side there or that we should be there on merit nor for any sort of vindication of anything, because as you say we shouldn't because we didn't win those games.

Redbacks

International Captain
I only post bets when I win :p but I got on the Saints for $10 @ $2.90. Thought it was value given they were probably 2:1 to win IMO, Hawks likely to play well or dismal going by this seasons form guide. Luke Ball in and blokes fighting for a spot in September made them a chance.

If the Hawks miss the top 8 this will be the 8th time since 1999 that atleast one team from the previous years top 4 misses the finals.

1999 - Dees
2001 - Dees, Kangas
2002 - Tigers
2004 - Pies
2005 - Lions
2007 - Freo
2008 - Power, WCE
2009 - Hawks ???

Pretty sure every club has had one season in the top 4 (=reasonable chance at a flag) in that time also

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Two close matches tonight, could go either way.

****ing hell Mitch Clark is going to be an absolute star.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Burton and McLeod turning the clock back! Two of my favourite players to watch in full flight.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Poor finishing costing Adelaide atm, should really be a couple of goals clear. Dominated most of the match to date but haven't put it on the scoreboard, while the Pies kicked four in a row from limited opportunities in that term.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
HAHAHAHAH! Bradshaw kicks a goal from the goal square after the final siren to create a draw between Brisbane and Essendon.

That finish could be the funniest thing I have ever seen :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.