• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official Third Test at Edgbaston

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Think it's one of those that Hawkeye has got wrong. The (admitted) error margins are about 5%.

If (say) it had been given & England referred, would the decision be based on Hawkeye's view & overturned? Can of worms, IMHO.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Why is it people are happy to trust Hawkeye until it tells them what they don't want to hear?
Exactly. When hakweye shows a ball to be hitting middle and leg everyone's like "Poor decision, it was clearly hitting the stumps. Hawkeye is never wrong". Yet when it proves that the ball is clearly going over the stumps it becomes a case of, "Yeah erm....well it's still out! Hawkeye can't be trusted"

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Meh I still think it's out, Siddle just doesn't get that kind of bounce off of a length. I'm happy to go with the hawkeye but I jumped up and down saying out as soon as it hit him and I'm still convinced it's out.

Wonderful ball from m00bs there, learnt it from Johnno IMO.

Pigeon

Banned
Pathetic whineing from Warney. "Bell knew he was out as soon as it hit him". What rubbish?? How does a batsman on the move know he's out LBW conclusively?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah Bell was gone for mine. Not everyone trusts Hawkeye anyway, I've disagreed with it plenty of times. It's predictive technology and it's obviously accurate as a general rule but it's not the only judge of what is and is not a correct decision. As Brumby said, it has a margin of error.

Anyway, still feel like a wicket could come any moment. Some pretty decent bowling going on.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So rubbish that it warranted quoting and responding to. Nice one.

Rudi's been terrible to both sides throughout the series though, it's not like he's just got it in for Australia or anything.
It's a fast-moving thread. He wanted your post quoted to point out the true extent of its abject direness.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Really and it disappears by 11am? Genuine question.
Bizarre as it sounds, yes.

Historically the 2nd Lords one day final of the season used to be a win the toss, bowl first and the game is all but over by 11am because of the early start.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm happy for people to not trust Hawkeye btw, just find that people choose when to rely on it when it suits them. Bell looked dead to me, but everyone was happy to trust hawkeye to say that Clarke, for example, was unlucky to get out (maybe not the best example as it looked to be going down anyway, but you can see where I'm coming from)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Pathetic whineing from Warney. "Bell knew he was out as soon as it hit him". What rubbish?? How does a batsman on the move know he's out LBW conclusively?
Agree, but the replays of Bell jumping out of the way when he's hit on the pads are pretty hilarious.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Come on Bell lad, you've really gotta make the most of this innings now. Don't bottle it and throw it away.

IMO, Bell to be out in the mid-forties. Nicking one behind off Siddle.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Whenever I've played Cricket I almost always know if I was in trouble or not.

For the record I hardly got out LBW though.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Warne's an awful commentator for mine. Everything he says makes me cringe.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing Johnson on pretty soon, probably for Siddle.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Warne is the best commentator ever ever ever.
I fell in love with him after how he described Bell's six the other day. "Nathan Hauritz, you've been Sherminated mate".

His actual commentary isn't that good though. Just doesn't sound right. His anecdotes are quality though.