• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official Third Test at Edgbaston

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anderson doesn't have the consistency of Steyn. The ball was swinging in the second innings at Lord's, as it was at times in Cardiff, and Anderson was still ineffective. He's not the scattergun wild card he once was but he's still never guaranteed to deliver. Essentially you're getting excited over an excellent series from Anderson where he's taking 11 wickets @ 30, while Steyn's taken his wickets at 23 over his entire career.
I think this is right. Anderson's about 9 times the bowler he was when he came to Australia last tour, and when it swings he's as good as anyone. TBF I don't think anyone was really comparing his record to Steyn, more that when he's on song he's every bit as good or even more spectacular.

You can't be regarded as the best around if your effectiveness is allergic to sunlight (again, not that anyone was really saying he is TBF), but that was a fine spell yesterday.

Last edited:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
LOL @ Warne. Cricinfo:

"Maybe I'll get down there and torment the Shemanator," taunts Shane Warne after hearing England are playing a lot of poker at the moment. He just can't leave it, can he? And that's why we love him. Poor old Bell. Talking of poker, have a read of Andrew Miller's interview with Warne on such things.

Craig

World Traveller
Who cares what some random Aussie thinks about Freddie?

Wishful thinking imo...
TBF to him he was re-telling a story he had heard that if Freddie has to bowl in Australia's second innings that the pain killers are too much for him. In saying that I agree, Hogg is a moron (he called for Harmison to be picked ahead of Onions at Lord's FFS).

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Well in terms of fitness this test and the next one are going to be big tests for Flintoff (though it looks like he'll spend most of this one in the dressing room), might get interesting as to whether he can fit for the oval.

mat

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Well in terms of fitness this test and the next one are going to be big tests for Flintoff (though it looks like he'll spend most of this one in the dressing room), might get interesting as to whether he can fit for the oval.
Flintoff's fitness at the moment is questionable. He seems to be battling through half of all his spells, with quite a pronounced limp at times. Is a testament ot his willingness to play/win, none-the-less

inbox24

International Debutant
I think the rain is a good thing for Australia, robbing England's momentum. If we can somehow escape with a draw here, and then not pick Mitchell Johnson and Marcus North for the next two tests, a miracle could yet happen.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I think the rain is a good thing for Australia, robbing England's momentum. If we can somehow escape with a draw here, and then not pick Mitchell Johnson and Marcus North for the next two tests, a miracle could yet happen.
Would prefer the loss, more lessons will be learnt. Australia do not deserve the draw through poor weather, shallow way to escape a loss.

inbox24

International Debutant
Would prefer the loss, more lessons will be learnt. Australia do not deserve the draw through poor weather, shallow way to escape a loss.
Recent history shows that the Australian cricket team or Australian cricket hierarchy doesn't not learn lessons.

pup11

International Coach
What inbox said...

A draw here was inevitable given how the weather at Edgbaston has been like, but Australia's performance so far in this game, would have further boosted England's confidence, and on the contrary the spirit in the Australian camp won't be too high.

I just feel a draw here makes Australia's chances of retaining the Ashes all the more difficult, though all hope isn't lost, as there isn't too much that's wrong with this side, they just need to use some common sense while picking the XI, and batsmen need to be a bit more consistent.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Johnson improved markedly yesterday and doesnt look far away from some form so I'd retain him

If there was no more play in this test, Siddle should go for Clark and I'd replace North with McDonald and hope the bastmen pull their fingers out

Honestly, the biggest problem is the loss of Haddin as Manou, whilst good with the gloves, is a no. 9 at best