• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Honestly, I was too, and I've never been a fan of Harmison at all, even when he was flavour of the month back in '04 or so. You don't have to "cream" at back of a length bowling taking wickets to think Harmison's both in better form and a more accomplished bowler than Broad, just seems like common sense to me.
Don't think he is in better form than Stuart Broad, because you're kidding yourself if you think he'd have done anything at Cardiff. And he's only more accomplished in the sense that Ray Lindwall is.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd make a comment along the lines of "Clarke's looking good isn't he?" but I don't want him to get out next over. :ph34r:

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
In short, at any given time scoring runs > not scoring runs.
Yes:sleep:
However, any runs any Australian batsman scores here will lessen the margin of defeat and no more than that.
Completely disagree, If Johnson gets a 100 he could save he spot in the side, if hussey gets 100 he could restore his confidence etc. Plenty to get out of this for the aussies.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Can Jimmy string two performances together?

Playing his 40th test and you still don't know what you are going to get.

Uppercut

I'd make a comment along the lines of "Clarke's looking good isn't he?" but I don't want him to get out next over. :ph34r:
Haha, indeed. Clarke always looks good, doesn't he? Just like Hussey always looks bad.

Hussey will surely outscore Clarke anyway.

Redbacks

International Captain
Yes:sleep:

Completely disagree, If Johnson gets a 100 he could save he spot in the side, if hussey gets 100 he could restore his confidence. Plenty to get out of this for the aussies.
exactly, in 20 years time on a cricket discussion site people will be looking over players runs in losses to make sweeping generalisations about players when the conditions didn't suit. **** that!

Burgey

Hahaha! You rage hard in these Ashes match threads, dont you Burgey? :D

Clarke looks in good nick.
Anderson reverting to type after a Johnson-like few months of not being ****.

Said a few months ago this is a dangerous series for me. Whereas I occasionally feign indignation in CC and save most of my rants for OT, my hatred for England is so deep and so real that I've pretty much resigned myself to copping a ban at some point this series.

JBH001

International Regular
Hope Swann slows it up in this spell. Didnt see much of him in Cardiff, apart from highlights, but looked like he was bowling too quick for mine.