• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bollocks. He's bowled to a plan- nothing on Ponting's pads. And it's worked, Ponting eventually playing a shot that wasn't there and getting out. Good bowling.

Richard in refusal to give credit to bowler he doesn't like shocker.
There is no way I'd have given an ounce of credit to Flintoff or Anderson either. It's bollocks (so to speak) to put it down to which bowler it was - I judge the delivery and the shot, not the bowler.

And Hussey was bloody close there - my first thought was pitched outside leg, but turns out it was a little high and a little wide.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is awful, can't remember being so conflicted. Obviously want to England to win but have tickets for the last day. Could really do with some rain.

tooextracool

International Coach
With that Stuart Broad wicket of another shortish ball I guess we can safely assume that we are stuck with him for the rest of the series.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
There is no way I'd have given an ounce of credit to Flintoff or Anderson either. It's bollocks (so to speak) to put it down to which bowler it was - I judge the delivery and the shot, not the bowler.
Because Broad only bowled one ball to Ponting in that spell...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Big innings here for clarke, hope he proves me wrong and scores a ton.
How would playing a big knock here prove anything about one's ability to perform at particularly crucial times? Australia are dead and buried, they need a miracle (including a lot of rain) to save 'em here.

Looks like the Ponting wicket was caused by uneven bounce actually.

JBH001

International Regular
Jeez, Statham took 20 tests to get to 50 wickets. Broad takes 19 tests. There may be hope for Broad yet...

On replay that delivery to Ponting came back a fair way.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Laugh at Strauss blowing up about that lbw not being given. Plainly the man has more front than David Jones.