• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And that how we felt after Sydney.
There was one instance where Gilchrist and everyone around the bat appealed for a caught behind that was miles away from the bat but other than that most of the anger was directed at Bucknor.

EDIT: And at Proctor the match referee.

Last edited:

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, most nonsensical POV ever posted on CW - and no, you're not absolutely the first to post it.

On CW, idiotic posting will be called by good-quality posters - regardless of nationality. Fortunately, Matt of '79 is an infinitely better poster than you'll ever be, and his fellow good-quality posters on CW judge him on that, not whether he's Australian or from anywhere else.
:laugh:

JBH001

International Regular
Broad bowling a better length. Can see why Anderson might be a good call, but Broad is not bowling badly.

Edit/ Bowling quite well, actually.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
He rarely fails to score a ton in these situations, generally only dodgy descions can stop him when he is like this, the failure in the first innings, the dropped catch, the english 12th man time-wasting circus at cardiff all driving him.
He is the key to Australian survival. Well to be precise the weather is the key, but Ponting is pretty damn important too. A brilliant player when it matters.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Captain Charisma strikes with a classical insult. :laugh:

Nevertheless, no matter how someone posts, you don't take cracks at your fellow countrymen. You don't see any of the poms doing this and you give a far worse appeal to the country then any dickhead could, so well done on tarnishing the great reputation of Australia.

Your so **** because you've won 1 premiership in the last 50 years.
You're hilarious. I can't work out whether you're being serious or not. Why should I care whether you're Australian or not? We aren't playing some team sport here. Someone from Oz acts like a fool, I'll call them on it. It's pure jingoism or else the cultural cringe to say that we mustn't disagree with each other in front of foreigners. Some of my best mates on this site are English, Kiwi and Indian - why should Aussies get preferential treatment.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think the reason everyone called you guys cheats (if that's true - didn't read far enough back tbh.) is because of the fact that the England players didn't say they weren't unsure unlike we did when Hauritz claimed the catch.
As Umpires deserve the BOD that humans make mistakes, so do the players. Strauss thought - possibly in error - that he'd caught that.

The notion that "the fielder always knows whether he's caught something" is nonsense. Mostly, yes, they may indeed know, but like just about anything there'll be grey areas. Sometimes the fielder may not know; sometimes he may think he's caught something he hasn't; sometimes he may not think he's caught something he has.

chalky

International Debutant
There was one instance where Gilchrist and everyone around the bat appealed for a caught behind that was miles away from the bat but other than that most of the anger was directed at Bucknor.

EDIT: And at Proctor the match referee.
Think Michael Clarke & Ricky Ponting wern't the most popular with the Indian fans as I recall