• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jeez how dumb is Strauss? Why declare now and give the Aussies half an hour to prepare? Play isn't starting till 1115 so why not declare at five past? What benefit does annoucing it now have?
He has to do it now so that the Aussies can decide which roller to use.

JBH001

International Regular
So play is starting half an hour after the scheduled start? Is it still cloudy and overcast? Hope it is, but not so much that it starts raining again. Its a fine line...

Last edited:

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
Have England declared or not?

The Cricinfo commentary says they have, but the people on my television apparently don't know this.

Uppercut

Only because play was rescheduled I guess. No matter, if England fail to win this it won't be because Strauss declared too soon before the start of play.

JBH001

International Regular
Haha, wow. Australia have been totally outplayed in this game, but it's almost comical how conditions have conspired against them on every day of the match.
Yeah. Man, luck can be such a part of the game. 95% chance of clouds and the rain forecast is minimal in terms of showers - so nothing major. Still, if Australia have had the worst of Lady Luck in this series, after all they lost part of day 4 in Cardiff too due to rain, it may turn back around as the series progresses.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Haha, wow. Australia have been totally outplayed in this game, but it's almost comical how conditions have conspired against them on every day of the match.
I'd be amazed if England's follow-on shout wasn't heavily influenced by the forecast.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
So play is starting half an hour after the scheduled start? Is it still cloudy and overcast? Hope it is, but not so much that it starts raining again. Its a fine line...
I've just had a txt from a mate on his way to the game who's stuck in traffic two miles from St Johns Wood and it's absolutely peeing down there.