• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Jakester1288

International Regular
Will be under massive pressure to play in the next test, has alot of work to do before the 3rd test starts if he is to play in it.
At least he has a tour match to prove his worth. The tour match is coming at the perfect time for Australia, when we have Lee and Clark available and Johnson bowling poorly, perhaps th best performer in the your match will gain test selection.

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
At least he has a tour match to prove his worth. The tour match is coming at the perfect time for Australia, when we have Lee and Clark available and Johnson bowling poorly, perhaps th best performer in the your match will gain test selection.
Most defiantly, have to say johnson doesn;t appear to have the same demeanor as he did in recent series, he seems to be lacking the focus he had when he was at his best. No doubt he is down on himself but I can;t help but think there might be other issues that are occupying his mind.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Ah Ben, the first thing I have noticed that we have in common, a ******** level of optimism

Hope we win this tomorrow. Obviously the main thing is that we win, but cbf with being in work when we win an Ashes Test. Have been in the past, but that was behind a bar, a bit different.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Most defiantly, have to say johnson doesn;t appear to have the same demeanor as he did in recent series, he seems to be lacking the focus he had when he was at his best. No doubt he is down on himself but I can;t help but think there might be other issues that are occupying his mind.
Like how long until he gets to see his girlfriend again. I'd be thinking that if I was him too! :p

Jakester1288

International Regular
I want to see Hussey score a big ton most, but also would love to see Hughes, Katich and Ponting ton up. If the top 4 all tonned up or at least got 50's and went on I'd be happy.

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see England bat on for half a hour in the morning just for the sake of using the roller and dragging Australia back into the field for a bit.
hmmmmm, surely they would prefer to have their bowlers fresh first thing tomorrow rather than facing an hour batting or so.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
"I think it's about time someone said he's a good player" - Bumble on Prior. Very much agree, hard to see him being dropped again anytime soon.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Massive knick, good to see collingwood walk, always plays the game in the right spirit does collingwood.
FTR that's just about the first time I've seen Collingwood walk all career. He obviously only walked because it was so obvious and the match wasn't in a remotely knife-edge-esque position.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
I don't agree with the whole notion of walking anyway. Umpire's job to give you out. Yeah I know it's not the spirit of the game Ricky, but sport's about winning.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
"I think it's about time someone said he's a good player" - Bumble on Prior. Very much agree, hard to see him being dropped again anytime soon.
He has no case to be dropped currently, but if and when he starts dropping the ball regularly again his wearing the wicketkeeping gauntlets should rightly come under scrutiny.

Perform and no questions will be asked; don't perform and they will. Simple as. Prior's batting is currently outstanding so if someone has to be brought in to keep wicket it should be in place of Bopara, not him. But still, Prior has kept well for 3-and-a-bit Tests - I'll say it again, he's done that before. Let's not get carried-away.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I don't agree with the whole notion of walking anyway. Umpire's job to give you out. Yeah I know it's not the spirit of the game Ricky, but sport's about winning.
I don't agree with the whole notion of not walking TBH, if you're out you're out IMO whether the Umpire realises it or not... but that's a discussion for elsewhere.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Oh yeah, I was mainly talking about his batting. He should be in the team regardless of the gloves. Part of me wants to see him higher up the order anyway. Things are gonna need a rethink after this series anyway, given Freddie's retirement.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I don't agree with the whole notion of not walking TBH, if you're out you're out IMO whether the Umpire realises it or not... but that's a discussion for elsewhere.
I wonder if Colly would have walked if the game situation wasn't the way it was. Then again, imagine the appeal would have been more aggressive in a different situation.

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
FTR that's just about the first time I've seen Collingwood walk all career. He obviously only walked because it was so obvious and the match wasn't in a remotely knife-edge-esque position.
To be accurate I am not even sure he walked, having a look at the replay he did look up and rudi could well have given him a little nod, though he did appear to be shuffling off.