• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Obama's Perm impersonation, or the erstwhile walrus-thing?
But why are you avatar-ing it?
Oopsie. Now kindly dispense with the straw man, Dorothy. Answer the question.
The answer is that it's kinda pointless to speculate on selection mid-match. Just wait and see what happens for the rest of the match. A lot can change.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Love the way the coms are comparing Pietersen and Ponting's non-dismissal\dismissal (delete as appropos). Apart from the fact that the delivery and shot was identical, there was absolutely nothing in common. Pietersen did nick one, the Umpire rightly spotted that nick, the ball wasn't caught, so Pietersen could not have correctly been adjudged caught or lbw, but a run-out chance was missed; Ponting didn't nick one, was thought to have nicked it and was given out caught when he should have been given lbw.

Different things.

And now Johnson back on - you imagine something is going to happen quickly now.

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
He always looks edgy when he does that, but because he plays it like that so often. I'm inclined to think he ment it.

Better from MJ though.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
It'd be typical of Mitchell Johnson to take a wicket now and take the plaudits of the fantastic work done by Siddle and the Hilf before him.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
But why are you avatar-ing it?
Because I'm sick of Gillespie and I'm sick of tasteful watercolour impressions. Do I have to justify everything?

The answer is that it's kinda pointless to speculate on selection mid-match. Just wait and see what happens for the rest of the match. A lot can change.
Kee-rist. Isn't that what forums are for?

A newborn primate with a dartboard could tell you Lee will come in for a seamer. Nobody needs to be told that conceding 400 in consecutive Tests is nigh-on unacceptable for an attack with pretensions towards world-beating.

Do you think Clark will join him? That was the question.

.matt

School Boy/Girl Captain
It'd be typical of Mitchell Johnson to take a wicket now and take the plaudits of the fantastic work done by Siddle and the Hilf before him.
That's exactly what Ponting plans. He dropped the catch off Siddle so Mitch can get the wicket instead and he can have an excuse to keep bowling him.

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
Given it's fairly likely we'll be 1-0 down in roundabout 48 hours, do you think there's any chance (note: includes those of cats in hell) that Johnson or Hauritz could be dropped for Clark for Edgbaston?

Frankly, I'd be prepared to take my chances. At least we know what depths Clark can plumb; Johnson prefers to lower our expectations on a per-Test basis.
Depends where Lee is at but Clarke would be a massive chance to come in I would think.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Because I'm sick of Gillespie and I'm sick of tasteful watercolour impressions. Do I have to justify everything?

Kee-rist. Isn't that what forums are for?

A newborn primate with a dartboard could tell you Lee will come in for a seamer. Nobody needs to be told that conceding 400 in consecutive Tests is nigh-on unacceptable for an attack with pretensions towards world-beating.

Do you think Clark will join him? That was the question.
Maxwell on 5 Live said he spoke with Lee yesterday and Jim didn't think Lee had a chance for the 3rd test.

Be so comedown if Johnson is dropped. From going from being one of the best quicks in the world to being dumped after just two poor outings.