• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
He'd bowled two overs before lunch though, in which virtually every ball was outside off and turning away fractionally. Cook had lined him up for that sort of bowling and Hauritz exploited both this and Cook's technical weakness with a good delivery.

I hate to say it, but that was really well bowled by Hauritz.
We (you and me, McNamara and me, whoever) are not going to agree on this, so let's agree to disagree I guess.

Hauritz will hopefully play lots and we'll eventually get the true story.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hauritz will hopefully play lots and we'll eventually get the true story.
Should make it clear at this point that I'm in no way actually saying that I think Hauritz is a good bowler, merely that it was good bowling to get that particular wicket.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Should make it clear at this point that I'm in no way actually saying that I think Hauritz is a good bowler, merely that it was good bowling to get that particular wicket.
I just think that he's pretty unfairly maligned by a lot of people. Don't think there's a huge amount of difference between his bowling and that of a Giles or a Harris.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Wonder how long these two will bowl in tandem. Similar to when England have Flintoff and Anderson bowling together the pressure is there, but Johnson might come on and release the pressure a la Broad

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I just think that he's pretty unfairly maligned by a lot of people. Don't think there's a huge amount of difference between his bowling and that of a Giles or a Harris.
Funny how they both average in the 20s in First-Class cricket while Hauritz averages all but 50.

If Hauritz ends-up with a Test average of 50 it will be no injustice.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Given it's fairly likely we'll be 1-0 down in roundabout 48 hours, do you think there's any chance (note: includes those of cats in hell) that Johnson or Hauritz could be dropped for Clark for Edgbaston?

Frankly, I'd be prepared to take my chances. At least we know what depths Clark can plumb; Johnson prefers to lower our expectations on a per-Test basis.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Given it's fairly likely we'll be 1-0 down in roundabout 48 hours, do you think there's any chance (note: includes those of cats in hell) that Johnson or Hauritz could be dropped for Clark for Edgbaston?

Frankly, I'd be prepared to take my chances. At least we know what depths Clark can plumb; Johnson prefers to lower our expectations on a per-Test basis.
If I were Clark I'd be getting a bit annoyed watching Johnson going at it in this test. I'd be ropeable if he's selected for the next without showing any improvement. Clark cannot be worse.