• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I feel Siddle's anger and disappointment from the comfort of my bed. Well, I feel his disappointment and how unlucky he is, but from his reactions, I barely have a patch on his anger.
Have to sympathise with bowlers in these circumstances.

I've seen countless occasions where two let-offs in quick succession like that prove hugely costly indeed. England rarely manage to cash-in as well as many other teams do, but we can hope.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes, and batsmen should be capable of playing balls that don't turn. Reply to what I've said rather than what you'd like me to have said.
Well, if they could it'd kind of dampen the impact a well-disguised arm ball would have. Taken in isolation then yes, a batsman should be able to play a straight ball. Taking how the preceeding play has set him up, maybe he won't.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well, if they could it'd kind of dampen the impact a well-disguised arm ball would have. Taken in isolation then yes, a batsman should be able to play a straight ball. Taking how the preceeding play has set him up, maybe he won't.
Do not bother; it will give you a headache. Trust me.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
ROFL. So by bopara's standard this series "cash-in" means score 20 or more ???
Even if he makes, say, 35 more after said drop, it could prove big in this match, if not Bopara's career. If England are ahead by 400 by the time Prior and Flintoff get to the crease you'd feel very confident.

Bopara so far in his Test career of 2009 (not so of 2007/08) has been blessed by considerable fortune.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If he'd been ripping the ball square yes, but he hadn't been. He had not bowled so far in the session - it was his first ball. You cannot set a batsman up by not bowling.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Not yet it isn't. Bopara has to cash-in first. Hands-up who currently feels terribly confident he'll do so?
Well yeah, but even if he isn't out there for that much longer, it'd be a lot harder for Collingwood to come in right now with Australia having picked up three (or four) quick wickets than in 30 minutes or so. The threat of a collapse always means a lot.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Dunno what's wrong with Pietersen but he just hasn't looked like himself at all so far this series.
Hasn't looked himself to me since he top-edged that sweep 3 short of a century at Sabina Park. He was castled by a superlative ball second time around, but from the Second Test (yes, the official Second Test didn't count because nothing happened) onwards he's been poor.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If he'd been ripping the ball square yes, but he hadn't been. He had not bowled so far in the session - it was his first ball. You cannot set a batsman up by not bowling.
He'd bowled two overs before lunch though, in which virtually every ball was outside off and turning away fractionally. Cook had lined him up for that sort of bowling and Hauritz exploited both this and Cook's technical weakness with a good delivery.

I hate to say it, but that was really well bowled by Hauritz.