• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
England in not bowling properly to tailenders and leaking runs shocker!
Hate to say this, but this is where England miss Harmison and Panesar a bit. They cop a lot of crap for getting flattering figures by dismissing tailenders after bowling rubbish to the top order (rightly, tbf), but there's no doubt they're quite effective at finishing an innings off. Panesar bowls a high percentage of deliveries which will hit the stumps and Harmison's really awkward - both attributes are often highly effective against rabbits.

Now I'm not saying either of them should be picked just to knock the tail over as that's frankly quite ridiculous (particularly as they have been known to fail to do so when it really counts anyway - Daren Powell to confirm) but it's certainly something England lack when neither of them are playing.

Last edited:

Jakester1288

International Regular
Siddle and Hauritz are both underrated as batsmen.

Siddle getting a few edges.

Is Broad really bowling over 90 MPH? I have my doubts.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Warne agrees with me, get Swann on

Lack of Flintoff suggests to me that Strauss does want to follow on, no good if we don't get them out though

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Strauss has had history of messing up by not enforcing - if we get the chance to, and at the moment it's looking like a big if, we have to enforce.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The second best partnership of the England innings was the 10th wicket.

The second best partnership of Australia's so far is this, the 9th. Crazy.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Seriously, stop talking about planetcricket, nobody gives a ****, if the place is worth talking about then go and annoy everyone there instead of here, cretin

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
But he was born in NZ, correct? If I moved to New Zealand, I would still consider myself and Australian. Plus, he is technically a New Zealander.
He moved when he was four, though, and he considers himself Australian. "New Zealand-born Australian" sums him up, IMO. Not that I actually want to claim him. :p

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Unbelievably important partnership here. If England get a 150+ lead, the game is pretty much over. Although Australia recovered from a hammering in Edgbaston in 1997 to win the series, this is the second Test and they'll feel under massive pressure if they lose this. Siddle and Hauritz look comfortable though and need to try to bat all day. I'm hopping in the shower now and reckon that one of them will be gone by the time I come out - caught at third slip is my prediction.