• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Jakester1288

International Regular
England score of 425 make Englands batting look better than it was bar a few, but also makes Australia's bowling (more Johnson and at times Siddle) look better than it was. Congrats to Hilfy, wish he got that third wicket.

C'mon Hughesy and Hussey.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
I love Sir James of Anderson btw. Really hope he bowls well today because he's showed immense heart so far this series.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yesturday, 425 was a crap score.

With the swing/seam of today, however it is an average score. Still not acceptable though.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Yesturday, 425 was a crap score.

With the swing/seam of today, however it is an average score. Still not acceptable though.
It'll be made to look a lot more average in an hour's time I bet.

Oh please God no. No! Please tell me Broad isn't opening the bowling?

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I love Sir James of Anderson btw. Really hope he bowls well today because he's showed immense heart so far this series.
I'm getting a whole lot of man love for him myself TBH. Big fan of the way he plays the game.

Still a pommy **** though, obviously.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty good morning for Australia despite that partnership. Could be a hell of a lot worse than 425 given where England were even at stumps, let alone at Tea yesterday.

Friendlier bowling conditions than the first day though, so Australia will have to bat well. Looking forward to seeing how Hughes goes.

JBH001

International Regular
You'd have to be a bit of a prick to give a tailender some verbals after he's pasted you all over Lord's.
Exactly. It was embarassing watching Mitchell give Anderson a send off. Should have just stfu, shook his hand, shown some class, and walked off grateful for his third wicket of the innings. Instead he followed up some rubbish bowling with some rubbish behaviour. Top stuff from him.

91Jmay

International Coach

Thats just made it a below average score.

I was hoping we could just get him a few towards the end of the session (so the Aussies are less reluctant to smash him).

He is definatly giving Strauss some on the side.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member

If so, Strauss has learnt about as much from Cariff as our batsmen.

Anyway, Anderson's starting the innings. Pitch it up, Jimmy.