• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Johnson's just got zero rhythm at all. Watching him bowl to Cook was like that cripple fight between Jimmy and Timmy on South Park. One of them had to come out on top despite their respective,er, issues.
My fear is that the whole series will be like this - a battle to see who can be marginally less shyte.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sensational batting by England, couldn't have wished for any better. Anything slightly loose, bang, 4. Cook in particularly looking imperious.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
This year's schedule is far more money orientated though. Especially with these pitches made for 5 day tests so they could generate more monies.
Don't reckon the whole two Tests so far are all that different from the last four Tests of 2005 TBH. All schedules these days are money-orientated to some degree because like it or not it's rather important for cricket boards to maximise income. I honestly do prefer this season's schedule to the 2005 one - only thing I'd have changed this year would've been Edgbaston instead of SWALEC Stadium. Edgbaston, Lord's, Trent Bridge, Headingley, The Oval is the perfect Ashes schedule for me. Only thing that'd be better would be if the ODIs had been played this year where the Twenty20 WC was and the Australians having another couple of tour-games.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Well played England.

For all the talk of the pitch and bowling, the batsmen still had to make the most of it and cash in and they've done just that in this session.

Last edited:

JBH001

International Regular
Well, its bedtime for me. Pleasure chatting with you gents.

Happy posting, and hope the cricket gets better. Later all.

cover drive man

International Captain
Evening JBH001. 88 of the 126 runs scored have been boundaries, good form from England, cant help thinking though that the Aussies will destory us when they get in to bat.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Great start from Cook and Strauss, I wouldn't have dreamed we'd be 126/0 at lunch. I don't care about the pitch at this moment in time (would rather wait until both first innings), but these guys have done a good job so far. I hope they keep focus and carry on after lunch.

As for the Aussie bowling, I wish I could be watching the match rather than being at work to see what it's really like. But if it's anything like the last match, I think Siddle is the big threat. It's so amazing to think this is only his 23rd FC match.

simmy

International Regular
I love it when teams bowl short to Cook. I don't think I have ever seen him miss out on a short ball.

pup11

International Coach
Shades of Edgbaston test from the 2005 Ashes, England might easily socre 400+ on day 1, and this time they might not even get bowled out, horrible bowling from all the Australian bowlers apart from Hilfenhaus.

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England have batted well but Australia have bowled very poorly.

Pretty much every shot will go for four on this ground too.