• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If there's any consolation in boring slow-flat-lifeless-deck cricket, it's that England are on top-ish.

Really, really cannot afford a first-innings and second-innings collapse this time around. Have to make 600 from here else there's trouble.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Elated and England's start but the pitches could really ruin this series.

Having said that... 2005 had flat decks but the bowling from both sides was in a different class.
2005 had Old Trafford and Trent Bridge and the scheduling wasn't dominated by greedy money sucking. :(

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
2005 had Old Trafford and Trent Bridge and the scheduling wasn't dominated by greedy money sucking. :(
Headingley was excluded, so it clearly was.

What's more, the 2005 scheduling removed Lord's from its Second Test slot, so clearly everything was completely wrong with it.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Brave leave by Strauss against Haury, playing for turn.

EDIT: Think Siddle isn't far off from 'getting' the slope at Lords.

JBH001

International Regular
Clarke must have been a decoy. ;)

Siddle for the last over before lunch. Great one first up to Cook.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Headingley was excluded, so it clearly was.

What's more, the 2005 scheduling removed Lord's from its Second Test slot, so clearly everything was completely wrong with it.
This year's schedule is far more money orientated though. Especially with these pitches made for 5 day tests so they could generate more monies.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
I really think we'd have been 3 or 4 down by now if the crims had Stuart Clark in their team. I reckon he could really do a McGrath on this pitch.

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
I love a defeatist Aussie
By no means is defeatist, we won't lose this. If we were batting first then Phillip Hughes probably would've shattered the record for the fastest Test century in history by now, tbh. I mean who is going to get us out? Anderson? Broad? Onions? A one-leggered Flintoff? :laugh:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
This year's schedule is far more money orientated though. Especially with these pitches made for 5 day tests so they could generate more monies.
Yeah, one positive from a pitch like this is that my 4th and 5th day tickets should mean seeing two whole days' cricket. It might even mean seeing two whole wickets fall.