• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
Come back when AFL is the premier global sport. Scrap that, come back when AFL is actually global. In fact don't even come back.
You must be really enjoying Test Cricket when it's played on pitches like this, because it resembles how boring and pointless a game of soccer generally is. I mean none of the bigger countries like soccer, that's why the biggest soccer league in the world is held in England. England created cricket, but yet the IPL is held in India, which is a much bigger country then England. Can't see a bigger country wanting to host soccer anytime soon.

Nevertheless, Siddle is such a class bowler. Anderson should be taking notes.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
I'm more of a coffee man to be fair.

I honestly brick myself when Hauritz comes on. I just know that because he's so bad our batsmen just lose concentration and lose their wicket to him.

tooextracool

International Coach
That is just complete nonsense, he couldnt have scored tons against the Windies, India, Australia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Pakistan otherwise. Especially his ton at Galle, that was a bowler friendly pitch (England got rolled for 91 all out first innings).
Same pitch btw where Sri Lanka score 499 without even losing all their wickets. Watched most of that game and it was just poor batting, although England batting poorly on a dead pitch is hardly a shocker.

Btw how on earth does his scoring the odd century against some of those teams show that he can score runs outside of flat batting tracks? Go further and analyze those games and you will see that after 06/07 when his technical weaknesses were exposed he's looked completely at sea on any wicket with even the slightest hint of seam movement.

Redbacks

International Captain
Nothing against Australia. Just think Johnson is far and away the most overrated bowler on this forum (landed in England as the best bowler in the world apparently) and has so far this career benefited from some rank batting against him, much like in the last test match. Would like to see that turned around while hes still actually not that good a bowler.
I notice it's the commentators who are consistently talking him up as the spearhead, you might be confusing this with the forum where the reality was, he bowled well against SA home and away but he still bowled a lot of wayward deliveries.

A concept we use and is used around most other countries is that you continue to improve your game, thus being exposed on the wickets isn't a death rattle. Spearhead is a toss term for the commentators. You can't perform well in one series and retire on abundant self satisfaction, at least not on this side of the ledger :laugh:

Craig

World Traveller
You must be really enjoying Test Cricket when it's played on pitches like this, because it resembles how boring and pointless a game of soccer generally is. I mean none of the bigger countries like soccer, that's why the biggest soccer league in the world is held in England. England created cricket, but yet the IPL is held in India, which is a much bigger country then England. Can't see a bigger country wanting to host soccer anytime soon.

South Africa is hosting the next World Cup.

simmy

International Regular
This is the position where the Aussies would just bat, bat and bat some more and really cash in.

England have to got to press this on.

91Jmay

International Coach
Same pitch btw where Sri Lanka score 499 without even losing all their wickets. Watched most of that game and it was just poor batting, although England batting poorly on a dead pitch is hardly a shocker.

Btw how on earth does his scoring the odd century against some of those teams show that he can score runs outside of flat batting tracks? Go further and analyze those games and you will see that after 06/07 when his technical weaknesses were exposed he's looked completely at sea on any wicket with even the slightest hint of seam movement.
They were in danger of being out for a score of sub 300, until Chaminda Vaas batted brilliantantly down the order.

Stop talking arse.

Half of his hundreds have come after 2006.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The MCC warned this week that test cricket could be dying out. They don't exactly have to look very far to find out why.

simmy

International Regular

Never read so much rubbish in my life.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They were in danger of being out for a score of sub 300, until Chaminda Vaas batted brilliantantly down the order.

Stop talking arse.

Half of his hundreds have come after 2006.
Neither does the suggestion that he can't get through the new ball stand up to his 27 scores of over 50.