• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

tooextracool

International Coach
What was his name, the Australian who shot your dog? If we can find him and bring him to justice then perhaps we can help alleviate your dislike of the whole country.
Nothing against Australia. Just think Johnson is far and away the most overrated bowler on this forum (landed in England as the best bowler in the world apparently) and has so far this career benefited from some rank batting against him, much like in the last test match. Would like to see that turned around while hes still actually not that good a bowler.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, but he can do that, cant he? Its one of the annoying things about Johnson. Follow up some crap with a sudden peach or two. Like the cricketing version of the Ali 'rope a dope' strategy - although I may be stretching that analogy a little!
Really is far more comforting to think of this sort of bowling from a professional cricketer as part of a grand plan than otherwise.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Yeah, but he can do that, cant he? Its one of the annoying things about Johnson. Follow up some crap with a sudden peach or two. Like the cricketing version of the Ali 'rope a dope' strategy - although I may be stretching that analogy a little!
Never did I imagine that i'd see Mitchell Johnson mentioned in the same breath as Ali!

But I completely understand. He's such an annoyance.

91Jmay

International Coach
Smith has struggled against a good inswing bowler. With the exception of that hes scored runs against the best attacks on some of the most bowler friendly wickets. Sehwag is arguably the best opener in world cricket at the moment and it really would be insulting to say that he couldnt score runs on a green top, given that he has done so in the past.

Like I said, with Cook any pace bowler who can get anything out of any wicket has caused him problems lately. Perhaps given his age he might improve over time, but there isnt much doubt in my mind at the moment that hes not a good enough test match player ATM. Hes there based on potential and the fact that England have invested over 3 years in him.
That is just complete nonsense, he couldnt have scored tons against the Windies, India, Australia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Pakistan otherwise. Especially his ton at Galle, that was a bowler friendly pitch (England got rolled for 91 all out first innings).

Andre

International Regular
We've been exposed by only picking 4 bowlers here. If we are going to go with 4 bowlers, at least one of the part timers needs to be a steady medium pace option (can't argue that Hussey is, although Punter has got a couple of important wickets during his career). It's sessions/days like this where we massively miss having Symonds there to bowl some meds.

Sessions like this are a hangover from the Warne/McGrath era, where we took for granted that our bowlers could both attack and defend at the same time. We can't do that for the minute with this developing attack, so we need to explore a more-than-part-time 5th bowler option.

I never ever thought I'd say this, but... if only Watson was fit.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Johnson's just got zero rhythm at all. Watching him bowl to Cook was like that cripple fight between Jimmy and Timmy on South Park. One of them had to come out on top despite their respective,er, issues.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Batted Alastair.

So Cook has gotten himself in and is looking in good touch out there. Definitely out in the next few overs then.