• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

simmy

International Regular
Why does Nasser Hussain say "if you look at the Bothams.. the Stewarts... The Gooches..."

Why not just say if you look at Botham, Stewart and Gooch...

God it winds me up.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Why does Nasser Hussain say "if you look at the Bothams.. the Stewarts... The Gooches..."

Why not just say if you look at Botham, Stewart and Gooch...

God it winds me up.
Me too.

(Mind you he might have been referring to Ian and Liam Botham and Micky and Alec Stewart. But there's only one Graham Gooch.)

Athlai

Not Terrible
The English commentary team have been so poor, mostly due to arrogance. In the first match they went from elated in the first day, to the top of the world on the wicket of Hughes, to mostly silence for the rest of the match.

Beleg

International Regular
for the guys watching on the telly, what's the crowd like? how does it compare to day one in cardiff?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Phew, got out of a meeting just in time...thought it was gonna drag on all day...people down from one of our customers in Scotland, don't they know the ashes are on?

JBH001

International Regular
Seems to be a good house, similiar to Cardiff. The Welsh, however, seemed a lot more vociferous and lively.

simmy

International Regular
I was Cardiff for the first day and the atmosphere was utterly overrated by the commentary team.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Mitch listed as "left arm fast-medium" by Sky. If being consistently above 90mph can't get you called "fast" then not much can.

Steulen

International Regular
I think I'll go into Grump Mode for this match.

Second over and already some balls going to the keeper after bouncing twice. This match's got bore draw written all over it.