• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Swalec Stadium, Cardiff

.matt

School Boy/Girl Captain
If Broad can keep swinging it like that early to Ponting he is a huge chance to get him. That won't be the last LBW shout from a similar ball against Ponting imo.

Andre

International Regular
Everything Holding had said, is what England tried and I found it amusing that Holding suggested Hughes would be troubled by swing when he was at ease whenever England pitched it up and it was swinging.
Not exactly.

Holding said that England need to show some variety - ie. pitch some up and let them swing, bowl some short and at the body.

Not simply bowl some full and let them swing for a few overs, then bowl short for a few overs.

One of the subtleties of cricket. Not suprised you missed it.

chalky

International Debutant
England's over appealing for anything is really annoying already & we haven't had Panesar on yet.

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
Not suprised you missed it.
Yes, because you are like the master cricketer of the forum because you've had the absolute honour of having your rubbish spin bowling being treated with the upmost disrespect by Phillip Hughes. :laugh:

.matt

School Boy/Girl Captain
Good running to complement a good shot. A few more of those and Ponting will start killing Broads bowling at the line and length he is on atm.

Andre

International Regular
Yes, because you are like the master cricketer of the forum because you've had the absolute honour of having your rubbish spin bowling being treated with the upmost disrespect by Phillip Hughes. :laugh:
Ha. My favourite part of that comment is that even though you've tried to make me look silly, you've walked away looking even more so.

Anyway, back to the real topic. Need a big score from Ponting, generally prolific in the first Test of a series.

chalky

International Debutant
If Flintoff can continue to get the ball to straighten to the lefties from around the wicket he will get a bag full this series

BoyBrumby

Englishman
ffs Panesar can you be any more of a joke
He could say he's going to abandon any pretence at growth as a spinner and go back to bowling the same delivery over and over and over...

Oh, wait....

Shouldn't be saying this, but enjoying Ponting bat after Hughes; beautiful pull there. He's like a refreshing sorbet to cleanse the palate.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
LMAO - just showed Howard on the TV. Chappelli in the radio box with Aggers. Aggers says "John Howard's here today. he's the second longest serving PM of your country and will be coming in for a chat at tea"
Chappelli [pause]:
"82 for 1 Australia. Hughes out for 36, wicket taken by Freddie Flintoff. Leave me out of it".

chalky

International Debutant
LMAO - just showed Howard on the TV. Chappelli in the radio box with Aggers. Aggers says "John Howard's here today. he's the second longest serving PM of your country and will be coming in for a chat at tea"
Chappelli [pause]:
"82 for 1 Australia. Hughes out for 36, wicket taken by Freddie Flintoff. Leave me out of it".
Hahaha Quality

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Chappelli [pause]:
Chappelli :cool: