• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Swalec Stadium, Cardiff

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Don't mind watching Hughes bat, his entertaining but Katich is awful. His almost as bad as Cook or Strauss. Those three bore me to tears.

Howsie

International Captain
Lol can Hughes hit anything on the leg-side. I've seen nothing from him the suggests he is anything special. He almost looks like a tailender tbh. I'd get a couple of guys in close on the leg-side.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha, Holding can be so good sometimes. "He ain't too bad... he ain't too bad either"

Hughes playing these angling in balls from Broad to Hughes in such a weird way.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hughes is going to cause me a lot of pain this summer. Regardless of the runs he scores he's flat out horrible to watch. Looks as if he shouldn't get away with playing as he does, but **** me sideways, he keeps doing it.

Done ok with the Flintoff barrage tho. Seems to have made his mind up not to play the short ball.

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
Did Holding not watch the first session? The English bowlers were bowling full to Hughes and they were bowling inswingers and outswingers, but Hughes was still flaying them through the offside.