• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Swalec Stadium, Cardiff

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's funny. The feed in Sydney (check Vicky's post) also showed it pitching outside. You watching the right game?

Great partnership this, really giving England the boost we needed. Get these 2 up to open for the 2nd innings I reckon.

Hauritz gets himself a cheap wicket. He's in for the rest of the series lads.
Yeah I am, had the sound on and was listening to the commentators too.

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
That's funny. The feed in Sydney (check Vicky's post) also showed it pitching outside. You watching the right game?

Great partnership this, really giving England the boost we needed. Get these 2 up to open for the 2nd innings I reckon.

Hauritz gets himself a cheap wicket. He's in for the rest of the series lads.
What does it matter if only a quarter of the ball pitches inside the line of the stumps?! It only takes a quarter of the ball to knock the bails off... FFS!

I knew this would happen... England get over 400 and we'll be in deep trouble by the end of the days play at something like 6/150.. but we'll end up getting a draw out of it.

pup11

International Coach
Australia's incompotence against the tailenders has once again been exposed here today, and it virtually kills Australia's chance of winning this test, unless England play really poorly from here on, would do well to get out of this game with a draw now.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Swann showing the pitch really isn't that bad for batting. There's some movement in the air and slow turn but really, Aus should challenge this total at least.

vicky

School Boy/Girl Captain
Wrongly. Surely common sense has to prevail.
Same logic could be used to argue that it doesn't matter if the whole ball pitches outside the line of leg... if it's gonna hit the stumps who cares where pitches... or indeed whether it strikes the batsman in line...

unfortunately what you are proposing is a re-writing of the lbw law which I don't think Doctrove has the authority to do...

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wrongly. Surely common sense has to prevail.
Well, its an interesting question but is pretty similar to the "if its going to hit the stumps, it should be out argument". As long as you can't be out Lbw when the ball pitches outside leg, there'll need to be a dividing line and I can't see that there would be much of an improvement to the game in tinkering with this.

Mind you, the game is too much in favour of batsmen at the moment, so give the ****er out ;)