• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Swalec Stadium, Cardiff

Langeveldt

Soutie
Close to the worst Test bowler in the world, you'd have to say. There's no logical reason to not play Clark or McDonald ahead of him. Never should have been brought on tour, let alone played in a Test here.
He's like a poor man's Richard Dawson.. I can't believe the country that spawned cricketers such as Bryce McGain and John Howard have spawned this rubbish

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nice tactics by the Aussies here, tiring England's most in-form bowler out by keeping him out there.

</forlorn hope>

chalky

International Debutant
Shot from Swann

I wonder if Brett Lee would have a difference here - in theory his very quik bouncer, yorker lengh bowling should be too much for the English tail enders. However I've seen him get spanked many a time by tail end batters aswell so who knows.

King Pietersen

International Captain
That's funny, the hawkeye I saw showed it pitched in line. Could have sworn it was the same feed.
That's funny. The feed in Sydney (check Vicky's post) also showed it pitching outside. You watching the right game?

Great partnership this, really giving England the boost we needed. Get these 2 up to open for the 2nd innings I reckon.

Hauritz gets himself a cheap wicket. He's in for the rest of the series lads.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Shot from Swann

I wonder if Brett Lee would have a difference here - in theory his very quik bouncer, yorker lengh bowling should be too much for the English tail enders. However I've seen him get spanked many a time by tail end batters aswell so who knows.
Probs not. In all reality, he'd be playing instead of Hilfenhaus and we'd be in a bigger ****heap than we already are.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Hilfenhaus has done ok though. Blame the pathetically insipid pitch which has forced him to play a 'spinner'. Why can't curators produce decent pitches anymore? Bad enough they're playing in front of a park crowd but for goodness sake what a dead pitch!
I'm talking about Clark over Hauritz, not Clark over Hilfenhaus. :)

Or Ponting could just bowl the best spinner in our line-up. :wub:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Grrrr even the ****ing tailender throws their wicket away.

0.000001% shot that one.

England should have 550 not 420 odd.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Bit of a waste by Anderson there, although obviously he'd already done well. But we had them where we wanted, and there was no need to throw it away. Mental disintegration and all that.