• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Swalec Stadium, Cardiff

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Err it took bloody 3 replays and a hawkeye to be able to confirm that that pitched in line. If an umpire could have figured that out, hed have to be the best umpire in the history of the sport.
indeed the last replay showed that more than half the ball pitched outside leg so the decision was correct

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I wish I was watching this, I love it when the bowlers smack a few quick runs and then the opposition lose the plot a bit.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Swann's clearly not a ten, but Jimmeh is and he's making it look fairly easy out there too. With the rain forecast I reckon a high-ish scoring draw is in the box seat now. Might invest, tbh.

50 partnership. Get in. :cool:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
For every run that is scored, I feel anger towards Nielsen. Clark "too similiar" to Siddle? Clark was "too similiar" to McGrath before he was given a chance, and look how that went.

I'm amazed at the difference in quality selection to our batting and bowling attack. Rarely can you fault their batting choices, but our chosen bowlers are NEVER on the money.

I just want to see the two best sides on the park. Too much to ask? Apparently. :(

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If the ball only just pitched inline..., was it such a bad decision to give it Not Out?

Oh dear, Hauritz get some treatment here.... 16 of the over!
No, it wasn't a bad decision. It would have been difficult to make in real time with doubts over whether it pitched in line or outside.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
So great to see what Jimmy's done with his batting, such a gun. It's only a year ago that he was no.11 behind Panesar.

Briony

International Debutant
For every run that is scored, I feel anger towards Nielsen. Clark "too similiar" to Siddle? Clark was "too similiar" to McGrath before he was given a chance, and look how that went.

I'm amazed at the difference in quality selection to our batting and bowling attack. Rarely can you fault their batting choices, but our chosen bowlers are NEVER on the money.

I just want to see the two best sides on the park. Too much to ask? Apparently. :(
Hilfenhaus has done ok though. Blame the pathetically insipid pitch which has forced him to play a 'spinner'. Why can't curators produce decent pitches anymore? Bad enough they're playing in front of a park crowd but for goodness sake what a dead pitch!

pasag

RTDAS
Close to the worst Test bowler in the world, you'd have to say. There's no logical reason to not play Clark or McDonald ahead of him. Never should have been brought on tour, let alone played in a Test here.