• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Swalec Stadium, Cardiff

pasag

RTDAS
Fell asleep and missed the final session but stoked to see Siddle get a few. Some'll remember I was the one that wanted Bollinger ahead of him last year (and whilst I still think Bolly would have done better in India), Siddle has grown so much as a bowler. We got off to a sluggish start yesterday, showed no real intent and just kind of warmed into it, Siddle came on and bowled one of the best bouncers you could expect to see on this kind of track, which will hopefully set the scene for the rest of the series.

The pitch is a disgrace and should be called as such. These ****ty pitches just take the life out of the sport.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Expecting the bowlers to dominate today. Australia's best method may be to go on the attack with the bat, which would suit Hughes.

Excited/worried. :)
Here's hoping the English get too focused on trying to bounce out Hughes et al a la Harmison in the Lions game, and Mitch yesterday, rather than bowling good lengths and swinging it.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
I wanted Siddle ahead of Bollinger, but had said Hilfy had no place in the team. Assuming he can bowl consistently like he did yesterday, I'll very happily admit I was wrong.

chalky

International Debutant
Current Sporting Index spread is 388-396 must say would be happy with that as an England fan. Seems a bit high especially as one of the wickets is Panesar.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Can someone please link me to the Test Match Special Audio Stream? I'm struggling to comprehend how poorly thought out the TMS website is, for such a quality production

chalky

International Debutant
For those who think this mtch is boring they should have watched Englands matches (excluding the 1st test) in the West Indies recently this stuff is thrill a minute compared.

Craig

World Traveller
So there we go, Australia wanted to play a spinner and they felt Clark and Siddle were similar bowlers so that is why they went for Hilfenhaus instead. Officially anyway as it has come straight from the horses mouth, Tim Nielsen.

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Love the way how I always get laid low during a test series.. Glandular fever when NZ played WI, and an operation on my leg during the ashes.. Top notch timing

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Completely unrelated but Today Tonight's interview with Midge's Mum was absolutely hilarious. She presents as a bit of a control freak and he as a total mummy's boy.

Not that I put too much into the analysis.