• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Manchester City Turn Attention To Valencia's Carlos Marchena ? Report - Goal.com

Realise it's likely rubbish, but haven't seen any of Valencia recently. How's he go?
Dead set beast of a player. I haven't watched a great deal of Valencia myself this past season but whenever I did he seemed to be getting himself sent off. I don't think fitting into the Premier League will be an issue for him given how strong and physically he plays.

With Albiol gone to Madrid, Valencia are going to have to replace their first choice central defensive partnership if Marchena goes too.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Would do a decent Richard Dunne impression then.

I'm not convinced Dunne will go just yet. Hughes likes him, he loves the club and has been through all the mid-table bull**** of recent years and would really want to see it out. He's still a very good defender IMO, who had a poor season (was still immense at times though, namely against Liverpool at Anfield) and shouldn't be written off so easily.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
£50k a week and no transfer fee for a player who's guaranteed to get goals against Premiership cannon fodder?

Excellent signing.
Didn't do to well against the so-called cannon-fodder last year did he?

Joke signing, that's made me very happy:)

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Would do a decent Richard Dunne impression then.

I'm not convinced Dunne will go just yet. Hughes likes him, he loves the club and has been through all the mid-table bull**** of recent years and would really want to see it out. He's still a very good defender IMO, who had a poor season (was still immense at times though, namely against Liverpool at Anfield) and shouldn't be written off so easily.
With upper mid-table bull****?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Valencia was one of your three fav non-Man U players? No offence, but why? Really don't see it.
Pretty much the same reason as Cahill. He gives you 120% every match, but has a bit more class to make him better then your average player. I don't expect him to be more then a bit part player, if that for us. But love the way he plays.

Also a gun in FM/CM...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
It's weapons grade insanity, but if money really is no object (and the evidence seems to suggest that's the case) Terry is exactly the sort of player you'd want to build a team around.
Nah it's complete stupidity, makes no sense (of course it's from The Sun). There's no way they didn't just make that figure up out of the blue to sell a headline or two.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Graham Hunter, Sky's Spanish football expert said there is some truth there. Real want a left-back and Cole and Evra are the guys they fancy.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Nah it's complete stupidity, makes no sense (of course it's from The Sun). There's no way they didn't just make that figure up out of the blue to sell a headline or two.
It might be complete stupidity from the financial side of things, yeah but I meant more from the football side of the fence. If any team is looking for a proven Premiership centre-half and leader there aren't too many better to get.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It might be complete stupidity from the financial side of things, yeah but I meant more from the football side of the fence. If any team is looking for a proven Premiership centre-half and leader there aren't too many better to get.
Carvalho
Alex
Gallas
Toure
Vidic
Evra
Carragher
Agger
Skrtel

All far better centre halfs than John Terry.