• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Pro-Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, ROH etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francis

State Vice-Captain
Has there been any discussion here at CW about the death of Mitsuharu Misawa? I'm a fan of Japanese wrestling and fell in love with the mid 90s AJPW matches, of which Misawa was a part of many.

It's just devastating news that shocked the life out of me. I'd never heard of somebody dying from 'internal decapitation'.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The Rock, my fave WWE superstar ever... His promo imitating the other 6 guys in that big 6 way match for the title was a masterpiece..

HBK Vs Rock with either one playing heel will be an all time high among feuds in terms of funny promos... A pity they never worked together, would have brought down the house IMO.

masterblaster

International Captain
This thread will go quiet again now, oh well, a good few days 8-)
I'll try my best to keep this thread lively mate. It'd be good if this thread was just more than me posting on here. I'm less inclined to talk about wrestling historically and wishing for the good old days as I like to keep up with the current product and post my thoughts on that.

That being said the period of WWE from 1998 - 2003 was absolutely golden and the amount of talent that they had at that time was tremendous and the writing was fantastic. I enjoyed WWE in 2004-2005 as well when Christian was coming into his own.

Back to the current product. Raw sucked tonight, it was terrible but the one positive outcome is that the Donald Trump involvement is over. I really don't know what it achieved as it was a pretty short sighted move just for a rating increase. Raw is officially the worst wrestling show on television.

TNA Slammiversary on the other hand was a great PPV. If you like TNA I highly recommend this show but even if you don't, they are so different from WWE that you'll find them refreshing. The two King of the Mountain matches were awesome and even though the ending didn't make much sense, it'll make for some really interesting television.

On the TNA side of things, I can't say enough about the work of Alex Shelley and AJ Styles. They have to be two of the most talented wrestlers not just in TNA but in the world. Alex Shelley has an incredible amount of charisma and in ring talent, he is the younger version of Chris Jericho and I'm really hoping that TNA push him to the next level.

AJ Styles of course is just awesome, one of the best in the world. Previously his promo work was his weak point, but he's coming into his own as well and when you can wrestle like him, it doesn't really matter that your promo work is a little weak. While I'm enjoying WWE thanks to ECW and Smackdown, TNA is a refreshing change when you just want to see something different. Check out TNA Slammiversary, if anything it'll be the most unique and non watered down PPV you've seen for a long time.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Re: RAW

Yes, it looked like a car crash of a show, though apparently the HHH/Orton match was very good, much better than their wrestlemania match anyway, however, the 3 stages of hell match at The Bash doesnt really interest me at all, it looks kind of pointless after such a good match on broadcast TV, and again, I don't think people really want to see this match happen AGAIN.

But yes thankfully the Donald Trump thing has ended, that was a truly dire angle, but it looks so pointless now, such a shameful attempt to boost the ratings, thank god it is over though, because Trumps mention on the air of having "a celebrity host" as GM each week would have been absolutely hideous, the worst thing to happen in Wrestling for nearly as long as I can remember.

However, Miz and John Cena have some excellent chemistry, best thing happening on RAW at the moment by miles.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Are HHH and Orton still feuding/feuding again?

The more things change and all that I guess. Caught a bit of SD! the other day, good to see they're trying to push Morrison against a genuinely legit guy. From what I've read and watched I think Edge will take good care of him. Unless his name is Hardy, Edge will make him look good.

masterblaster

International Captain
Re: RAW

Yes, it looked like a car crash of a show, though apparently the HHH/Orton match was very good, much better than their wrestlemania match anyway, however, the 3 stages of hell match at The Bash doesnt really interest me at all, it looks kind of pointless after such a good match on broadcast TV, and again, I don't think people really want to see this match happen AGAIN.

But yes thankfully the Donald Trump thing has ended, that was a truly dire angle, but it looks so pointless now, such a shameful attempt to boost the ratings, thank god it is over though, because Trumps mention on the air of having "a celebrity host" as GM each week would have been absolutely hideous, the worst thing to happen in Wrestling for nearly as long as I can remember.

However, Miz and John Cena have some excellent chemistry, best thing happening on RAW at the moment by miles.
Welcome back mate. :)

I didn't want to get involved in the other thread, but it seems that the right thing happened in the end so it's good to have you back again.

Regarding Raw, overall it was a pretty bad show but there were some good things. Some of the segments with Vince McMahon were amusing and the match between Orton and Triple H was okay, but as you said nobody wants to watch this feud anymore.

It's good they are putting Miz up against Cena but I really don't think Miz is going over in this feud, but I hope that's not the case. The celebrity stuff would've been awful so I'm glad that's not going ahead. Although apparently, Raw did it's highest rating since 2001 this week, so WWE maybe tempted to continue on with this storyline.

masterblaster

International Captain
Are HHH and Orton still feuding/feuding again?

The more things change and all that I guess. Caught a bit of SD! the other day, good to see they're trying to push Morrison against a genuinely legit guy. From what I've read and watched I think Edge will take good care of him. Unless his name is Hardy, Edge will make him look good.
They are still feuding and nobody wants to see it anymore. Smackdown is just so good at the moment and it's probably the best it's been since that golden period in 2003. Edge and Morrison is a great feud. Edge has been on the main event scene for the last 4 years now doing really tough matches and doing a full schedule week in and week out.

He'll really benefit from a reduced schedule, still be fresh in the minds of the WWE audience and he'll do a great job with John Morrison. The only problem here is that because Edge is so good, the World Heavyweight Championship picture seems empty without him in it. CM Punk's been doing a great job though as World Heavyweight Champion.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
They are still feuding and nobody wants to see it anymore. Smackdown is just so good at the moment and it's probably the best it's been since that golden period in 2003. Edge and Morrison is a great feud. Edge has been on the main event scene for the last 4 years now doing really tough matches and doing a full schedule week in and week out.

He'll really benefit from a reduced schedule, still be fresh in the minds of the WWE audience and he'll do a great job with John Morrison. The only problem here is that because Edge is so good, the World Heavyweight Championship picture seems empty without him in it. CM Punk's been doing a great job though as World Heavyweight Champion.
I think much as Edge is great, and fully deserves to have held the world Championships, I think the world title scene will be better for him not being in it for a while. What slightly grates with me (which is no fault of Edge himself) is the fact that in the space of about 3 years, Edge has held a world title more times than Shawn Michaels or the Rock did in their entire careers! I'm not saying Edge shouldn't have held a world title, he definitely deserves to, but I think he would have benefitted from having fewer reigns which lasted longer.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
This week's Smackdown looks like another top drawer show, I won't posts the results but the card had some really good looking matches on it/

R-Truth v Shelton Benjamin.

CM Punk v John Morrison.

Edge and Chris Jericho v Jeff Hardy and Rey Mysterio - Steel cage match w/CM Punk as the guest referee.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Michael Cole, was arrested over the weekend for attacking promoter Donovan Loftis in the locker room of his National Championship Wrestling promotion in Greenville, SC. As the story goes, Loftis made derogatory comments about Cole on a message board, although apparently they were made in jest. Cole had worked for Loftis in the past. According to the story, Loftis and his son were going into the locker room and he had his hands full, and Cole punched him, knocking him down, and kicked him in the head when he was down, knocking him out. He was arrested that night by Greenville sheriff’s deputies and was released after posting bail. He has a 7/8 court date.
Pretty funny imo.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'll try my best to keep this thread lively mate. It'd be good if this thread was just more than me posting on here. I'm less inclined to talk about wrestling historically and wishing for the good old days as I like to keep up with the current product and post my thoughts on that.
Sorry mate, i feel bad for that post, it was more just frustration at sledger getting banned again, you do a great job in keeping this thread active and I love coming here to chat the modern stuff with you. TBH i think we should have two threads, one to discuss WWE/TNA currently, and one for nostalgia, I'm only half-joking tbh :D

masterblaster said:
That being said the period of WWE from 1998 - 2003 was absolutely golden and the amount of talent that they had at that time was tremendous and the writing was fantastic. I enjoyed WWE in 2004-2005 as well when Christian was coming into his own.

Back to the current product. Raw sucked tonight, it was terrible but the one positive outcome is that the Donald Trump involvement is over. I really don't know what it achieved as it was a pretty short sighted move just for a rating increase. Raw is officially the worst wrestling show on television.

TNA Slammiversary on the other hand was a great PPV. If you like TNA I highly recommend this show but even if you don't, they are so different from WWE that you'll find them refreshing. The two King of the Mountain matches were awesome and even though the ending didn't make much sense, it'll make for some really interesting television.

On the TNA side of things, I can't say enough about the work of Alex Shelley and AJ Styles. They have to be two of the most talented wrestlers not just in TNA but in the world. Alex Shelley has an incredible amount of charisma and in ring talent, he is the younger version of Chris Jericho and I'm really hoping that TNA push him to the next level.

AJ Styles of course is just awesome, one of the best in the world. Previously his promo work was his weak point, but he's coming into his own as well and when you can wrestle like him, it doesn't really matter that your promo work is a little weak. While I'm enjoying WWE thanks to ECW and Smackdown, TNA is a refreshing change when you just want to see something different. Check out TNA Slammiversary, if anything it'll be the most unique and non watered down PPV you've seen for a long time.
Just had Raw on now, had it on in the background tbh, the Trump thing was odd to say the least. All a little pointless, sort of served to turn Vince heel only for him to then go and book Orton in a match, I dunno, don't get it. The LMS was good, the Cena-Miz bits were AWESOME but it was back to normal for Raw, the best match of the night was the Smackdown 6-man tag.

I haven't seen much TNA of late, but funnily enough I was speaking with a friend on the phone last night and he advised me to watch Slammiversary. I didn't watch it, but I recorded it to my Sky+ and will give it a go at the weekend, heard good things about the main event.

masterblaster

International Captain
This week's Smackdown looks like another top drawer show, I won't posts the results but the card had some really good looking matches on it/

R-Truth v Shelton Benjamin.

CM Punk v John Morrison.

Edge and Chris Jericho v Jeff Hardy and Rey Mysterio - Steel cage match w/CM Punk as the guest referee.
Smackdown was solid again this week. Although WWE should keep Vince McMahon as far away from Smackdown as possible. CM Punk is awesome at the moment. His slow heel turn is outstanding. Whoever is writing this storyline so far is doing a great job. Morrison, Jericho, Edge, Mysterio are as always excellent. The Smackdown matches should steal the show at The Bash.

masterblaster

International Captain
Sorry mate, i feel bad for that post, it was more just frustration at sledger getting banned again, you do a great job in keeping this thread active and I love coming here to chat the modern stuff with you. TBH i think we should have two threads, one to discuss WWE/TNA currently, and one for nostalgia, I'm only half-joking tbh :D

Just had Raw on now, had it on in the background tbh, the Trump thing was odd to say the least. All a little pointless, sort of served to turn Vince heel only for him to then go and book Orton in a match, I dunno, don't get it. The LMS was good, the Cena-Miz bits were AWESOME but it was back to normal for Raw, the best match of the night was the Smackdown 6-man tag.

I haven't seen much TNA of late, but funnily enough I was speaking with a friend on the phone last night and he advised me to watch Slammiversary. I didn't watch it, but I recorded it to my Sky+ and will give it a go at the weekend, heard good things about the main event.
Appreciate the comments there mate. The Cena vs Miz promo was pretty good and I hope they do something with Miz rather than having him lose to Cena in 20 seconds. The Vince McMahon character is a bit surprising in that he's a heel most of the time but a face when it comes to Randy Orton. It's very confusing.

Good that you've recorded Slammiversary. It seems like a PPV that people either love or hate. I liked it personally because it was so different to what WWE throws out there month after month. Innovative matches and a surprising ending. Watching Slammiversary was like going back to WWE in 1998 again. The PPV kept you on the edge of your seat. I would be interested to hear your thoughts on the show once you've watched it.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pretty funny imo.
The high point of Cole's career was getting raped by Heidenreich imo. Pretty funny if that titch actually attacked someone. They should get him into the Cruiserweight division. Not like they can bury it any more.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
- WWE has changed the name of the October 4th PPV from no Mercy to "Hell in a Cell". WWE has been thinking about doing a PPV where the main events were all Cell matches, so this may be it.

- WWE has changed the name of the October 25th PPV from Cyber Sunday to "WWE Annihilation".

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Smackdown was solid again this week. Although WWE should keep Vince McMahon as far away from Smackdown as possible. CM Punk is awesome at the moment. His slow heel turn is outstanding. Whoever is writing this storyline so far is doing a great job. Morrison, Jericho, Edge, Mysterio are as always excellent. The Smackdown matches should steal the show at The Bash.
Yeah, Smackdown was great again. Can't remember the last time I watched it and didn't think at the end, "that was brilliant." CM Punk is a truly great character, and Morrison again stole the show with a brilliant match in the middle. That was a huge win and I wasn't expecting it all, I guess the main reason they booked him to win was so Punk could attack him at the end, but it was a really well-booked show with no filler.

Do Edge and Morrison actually have matches at The Bash? Will check the card out in a minute before I offer up my tips actually.

Appreciate the comments there mate. The Cena vs Miz promo was pretty good and I hope they do something with Miz rather than having him lose to Cena in 20 seconds. The Vince McMahon character is a bit surprising in that he's a heel most of the time but a face when it comes to Randy Orton. It's very confusing.

Good that you've recorded Slammiversary. It seems like a PPV that people either love or hate. I liked it personally because it was so different to what WWE throws out there month after month. Innovative matches and a surprising ending. Watching Slammiversary was like going back to WWE in 1998 again. The PPV kept you on the edge of your seat. I would be interested to hear your thoughts on the show once you've watched it.
:@ My Sky+ box has let me down once again! I just went to watch it and it said, "RECORDING FAILED". Not happy, this always happens with the bloody thing. The channel that shows TNA is pretty crappy to be honest so I imagine they will repeat it sometime soon, I will have to keep an eye out. If any of the English posters know when I can catch a repeat, please let me know :)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Okay here are my thoughts ahead of The Bash:

CM Punk V Jeff Hardy (World Heavyweight Championship)
This should be a great match. The build-up has been really good, you really believe that Jeff just wants to get in there and destroy him and that Punk is a bit dismayed by the way the fans have turned on him. I read somewhere that the writers were waiting to see how the fans responded to him cashing in on Jeff before deciding which direction to go in, I think it's safe to say they've decided on a heel turn and he will hopefully be booed out of the building here as he is doing a great job. I expect a good match, Punk losing would be very silly and I can't see anything but a win for Punk.

3 Stages of Hell: Randy Orton V Triple H (WWE title)
Their LMS on Raw was probably the best match these two have had in this year's incarantion of their feud, and it was the right decision for them to not just have a regular singles match here, I actually believe that this might just be a good match. I don't like stretcher matches though and wish they had done something different for the third fall, a cage perhaps. Not really sure about who will win this, going with Orton, they need him to actually do something as champion or he could go down as one of the worst champs of all-time with his two spells this year.

ECW Championship Scramble Match
I wish Mark Henry wasn't in this as I can't stand him, nonetheless it could well be decent. Christian, Dreamer and Swagger have had some great chemistry going on, it says a lot that Christian and Swagger have been feuding for as long as they have yet it hasn't got boring. I think it's clear that one of the three men from last month's title match will win, I hope it's Christian but have a feeling Swagger will walk away with the title.

Melina V Michelle McCool
Don't care

Chris Jericho V Rey Mysterio (IC title)
This has been a really good feud and I will be sad to see it end, expect nothing other than another great match between these two, their last two PPV encounters have been brilliant as was their match on the 3-for all Raw. Mysterio being unmasked would be ridiculous, Vince won't want to cost himself the merchandising money that those masks bring in, as such I can't look past a RMJ win. Excited about what will happen after this, really hoping that Jericho and Edge step their rivalry up a gear, with Summerslam about 7 weeks away.

Great Khali V Dolph Ziggler
I've actually enjoyed this feud, Ziggler has been good to watch of late. Can't say I expect this to be the match of the night mind, but it's good to see a few different people on the card for once. A Ziggler win seems unthinkable, but it would be massive and help him along quite a bit, so I'm calling it.

John Cena V The Miz
Ah this has been great, Miz really has worked wonders of late. I can't see these two putting on anything but a good match, that being said I expect a Cena win, but hopefully a hard-fought one.

Priceless V The Colons (tag belts)
A tag match on PPV and it isn't Night of Champions? My word. Not particularly looking forwards to it mind, the tag division is really poor at the minute. The Colons have done nothing as champions and will lose the belts here I reckon.

No Edge on the card, if it stays that way it really is surprising, but he doesn't have much to do at the minute. I'll check the card again tomorrow and add my thoughts on any more matches that might be added. Looks like a decent PPV though.

Status
Not open for further replies.