• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Pro-Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, ROH etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Had a great night of drinking and wrestling last night with my mate.

First up I played him the Edge-Morrison match from Smackdown as he hadn't seen it. We threw about hyperbole such as 'the new Michaels' whilst watching it.

Then we stuck on the Monday Night War DVD. I'd never seen this before and I was warned that it is interesting, but there are points in it where there are flat out lies. This was pretty much what I found to be the case, it was an absorbing watch but would have been handled better by someone objective. My favourite bit was where they said, "the fans were confused, but interested" about Nash/Hall joining WCW.

Also he brought along a 5-DVD set called "Wrestling Gold" which features all sorts of matches from the 70s and early 80s from various territories. There were a ton of good matches featuring Randy Savage and Jerry Lawler that I enjoyed watching, and there is alternative commentary provided by Jim Cornette & Dave Meltzer, I am sure you will realise that that is magnificent! He's left it here so I'll see what's on some of the other discs, however amusingly one other match on there featured a wrestler wrestling against a real live bear. It was odd to say the least!

He then kicked my ass on an old version of Raw V Smackdown, good times

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Will take advantage of that one day. Was watching my DVD of the Rock with my Malaysian friend the other night, was good times.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Ah I have to buy that Rock triple set if I get more money anytime soon
Yeah its pretty good, you can really see how much he improved tbh, I'd go so far as to say that he got noticeably better in the space between 2000 and when he left the company, his match against Kurt Angle and The Undertaker at Vengeance when he won the Undisputed title was a very good match indeed.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Watched that match on the WWE Championship retrospective DVD a couple of months back, it is such a good match.

Love Kurt at the start though when Rock and Taker are squaring off, "you do not ignore an Olympic champion!"

I take it it is chocker full of promos as well?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Watched that match on the WWE Championship retrospective DVD a couple of months back, it is such a good match.

Love Kurt at the start though when Rock and Taker are squaring off, "you do not ignore an Olympic champion!"

I take it it is chocker full of promos as well?
Yeah, has a big extras section which includes about 15 or so of his most famous promos of his and there is another 10 minute segment which has all of his catchphrases and stuff put together in it.

I really like his promo's aimed at Billy Gunn;

"Well I'm an Asshole!"

"God....I just won King of the Ring, theres just one problem....everyone still thinks THAT I ABSOLUTELY SUCK"

"The Heavens opened...and god spoke to you and said

'Bob?..'

'But my names Billy...'

'IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS!"

:laugh:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
:lol:

Was watching Rock promos on youtube after playing raw V Smackdown last night actually. Have seen them all before but still loved it,. :wub: The Rock, one of the best of all-time

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Exceptionally talented performer, I always say to people how when I say that the Rock exudes charisma they look at me as if I am crazy, but people really don't appreciate what a versatile talent he is. I know people negatively stereotype against wrestlers...plus the fact that his films are largely rubbish to anyone who doesnt appreciate his style of performing...but still...WAG.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
He is ridiculously talented. Whilst Stone Cold was more important, The Rock really carried on the great work during the Attitude era and took the company from strength to strength when Austin had a year off.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
He is ridiculously talented. Whilst Stone Cold was more important, The Rock really carried on the great work during the Attitude era and took the company from strength to strength when Austin had a year off.
Yeah definitely agree, when I think of the attitude era, in my mind it is very much divided into two seperate halves, the first being the Austin half, and the second being the Rocks half. I wish there was somewhere you could just download all the episodes of RAW and Smackdown from around late 1998 through to WM17, would pay money to get hold on that if it existed.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, Raw (and later Smackdown) was immense every week back then. It was always a challenge avoiding the results as it never aired in the UK until Fridays, but I used to love staying in with my little bro on a Friday night and watching Raw. It was soo good back then that i spent all week looking forwards to it.

Remember dancing round my living room when jericho won the title from Triple H tbh, only for it to be struck from the record :@

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
that said, one thing about the Rock that I didn't like was the fact that he always used to give really crap looking chair shots, apart from the ones on Mankind...but those were a bit dodgy tstl.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, Raw (and later Smackdown) was immense every week back then. It was always a challenge avoiding the results as it never aired in the UK until Fridays, but I used to love staying in with my little bro on a Friday night and watching Raw. It was soo good back then that i spent all week looking forwards to it.

Remember dancing round my living room when jericho won the title from Triple H tbh, only for it to be struck from the record :@
Yeah I remember that as well, around 2000 I hardly ever had access to the internet so the results would be completely fresh to me, made it so much more exciting. I never got to stay up to watch RAW on a school night either so watching Smackdown on a Saturday morning (11am, Sky One :ph34r: ) was absolutely great. Remember they used to do these awesome video packages to start Smackdown every now and again that would recap on what happened on RAW the previous show, would often be really really exciting, sigh, I miss those days.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The Smackdown repeat on sky One was useful but very annoying, because they would cut to the crowd for anything a bit out there. This got a bit silly though, if there was a women's match, they would censor the women hitting each other.

Mind you, these days I censor entire women's matches myself thanks to Sky+

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The Smackdown repeat on sky One was useful but very annoying, because they would cut to the crowd for anything a bit out there. This got a bit silly though, if there was a women's match, they would censor the women hitting each other.

Mind you, these days I censor entire women's matches myself thanks to Sky+
:laugh:

Yeah this was a bit lame actually, esspecially at times when they would make the main event a match with a lot of hardcore spots in it etc...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, it's not too much of a problem if you watch the early evening ones these days. Missed Raw the other week but caught a 5pm Friday showing and it was fine, obviously because of the PG rating in the US.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Rock has always been my favourite. I've seen that Billy Gunn promo, was awesome. His 'strudle' work with Michael Cole was awesome as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.