• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pasag

RTDAS
Another game where Melbourne were competitive till half time and then fell away. Small steps though, small steps.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Was crook last night so missed it - how did the Jurrah kid go? Great story about where he's come from to play AFL.

EDIT: Just had a look on ninemsn - the goal he kicked was pretty good. How he'd go otherwise?

Last edited:

howardj

International Coach
A real red-letter match for both teams tonight.

If Collingwood are to finish in the top four, tonight is a must-win.

Kudos to Crawford for his underpants effort on Thursday night too!

How big were the last pair!!!

howardj

International Coach
Good to see Watts jag a goal last night.

Just on Watts....I actually think the responsible thing to do at the age of 17/18 is to pursue your AFL career rather than put school first. You can do your Senior years at any age. By contrast, there's a small window to establish yourself in footy. While it's ajar, go for it.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Actually agree if you're good enough to have teams pursuing you in the manner he has. He should make enough to have the luxury of going back later on.

irfan

State Captain
To all North supporters here:

a) Do you reckon Brayshaw has done a good job for the club? (or perhaps better, has he done as well was you wanted/expected?)
b) Is Brent Harvey a better player for the Roos than Archer? If not yet, what does he have to do to surpass him?

Was just having a chat to some North supporter mates earlier today. Good discussion.
a) I thought he stood firm to our VIC supporters when there were big financial lures for us to move to the Coast permanently. Classy, in my book - even if we will forever be riddled with financial complications. Desperately need a couple of exciting talents to attract more neutrals.

b) Still reckon Arch is slightly better as he was the MAN across halfback - got the absolute most out of himself. Harvey does have to burden more responsibility in the midfield and he's been brilliant thus far. Another good season or too may be enough for him to surpass Archer but he won't be remembered as such (i.e. no Shinboner of the century accolades.)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Holy ****, I have never seen a worse pre-game build up video than I just saw by Ch 10 for the Sydney vs. Collingwood game. And normally they're really good at them.

"You've got a skinny kid lighting it up" :lol:

Ridiculously bad

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Good first half from the Pies. We should be further ahead - Sydney kicking some ridiculously arsey goals, esp. in the first quarter.

Crapping myself about Pendlebury - if he's done his knee, that's this season done for us - we might still make the finals, but we can't threaten for the flag without him.

That said, plenty to like tonight so far. Wellingham's doing some really good work around the stoppages. Didak's killing it - even when he's heading to the bench, takes a great mark and hits Anthony perfectly. Thomas is playing a much better game as well.

Malthouse is smashing Roos in the coaching stakes as well so far.

I am being rather strongly reminded why I hate watching AFL, esp. Sydney games, on channel 10. Michael Christian appears to have the designated role of having a whinge about every marginal call Sydney doesn't get as if it was robbery (although the others actually pulled him up a couple of times tonight). They definitely cheerlead for Sydney - not surprisingly given the deal with the AFL to have the Sydney games going live into Sydney on a Saturday night - in NSW they market the games as "Our Sydney Swans". But tonight they have this innovation of having mini-recaps during breaks in play which have seemed pretty pointless so far.

Props to McVeigh for playing with one wing and a very saw shoulder.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Didak is such a star.

I love Leon Davis, but I think calls saying he's now Collingwood's best and most important player were a bit premature. Didak is still amazing.

Presti had a good first half (helped by Maxwell) but Hall got the better of him in the 3rd qtr.

Will be an interesting final qtr. Still fancy the Pies to be cleaner with Davis, Didak and Swan. That being said, if O'Keefe and Kirk continue, and Goodes lifts, well the Swans may just get up and finally beat the Pies.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Will be an interesting final qtr. Still fancy the Pies to be cleaner with Davis, Didak and Swan.
Haha, cue Davis and Didak kicking the next 3 goals.

Well played Collingwood.

EDIT: Make that 4 goals, 3 to Leon Davis now.

But I must say, I ****ing hate the 50m penalty rule with regards to kicking the ball away after a free kick. Use your common sense, Ted Richards didn't hear the whistle, or thought it was a Sydney free kick (since it should have been) against Leon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.