• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm hopeful that Spurs will get out of the blocks a bit (ok a lot quicker) than last year.

I think we can finish top 6 and I really hope we play in a Final this year don't care if it's Carling Cup or FA Cup.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Meh, not club v country AGAIN8-)

Look, my club means more to me, but last I looked there weren't any Exeter players playing for England, so there's not really a tug-of-war. I am thoroughly looking forward to the World Cup though, with a decent manager in charge, could be fun. 1990 world cup was one of my better footballing memories, up there in the top 10 anyway. 4-1 against the Dutch may get in there too. Rest would be City-themed,

Considering the BIG games are played in the summer when City generally don't play, I really have no problem wearing the England shirt, having a piss-up and singing the stupid songs every couple of years....

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Liverpool reportedly on the verge of signing Glen Johnson from Portsmouth for £18.5m.
Pompey still owe £7m for Crouch, apparantly, but that's still at least £5m too much.

Can't defend, so is essentially a winger. Looked great v Andorra; Kazahkstan, not so much. &, not dissing the Kazahk left winger, but Johnson will face better in the Prem.

grecian

City have got QPR in the Carling cup, would really like to end our horrific record in that comp, probably won't though:unsure:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Pompey still owe £7m for Crouch, apparantly, but that's still at least £5m too much.
That's true - reports are that Liverpool will pay £11.5m and write off the £7m still owed for Crouch. So they can say they only paid £11.5m for Johnson but that would mean they only received £4m, rather than £11m, for Crouchie. Still £18.5m off the bottom line.

Last edited:

Johnners

Fee is probs a bit much for him, but as much as I like Arbeloa, Johnson is certainly an upgrade.

grecian

The fee is too much, but I've always rated Johnson since I saw him as a young pup.

The fact is the 'pool need to win games at home against lesser oppo, and having a winger who ostensiblies plays at full-back, will help imho.

Craig

World Traveller
Bayern Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has claimed Manchester United, Chelsea and Barcelona have all made offers for France playmaker Franck Ribery.

- Off the front page of soccernet.com

I wouldn't mind seeing him playing in a bigger league (no dispect to Bayern or the Bundesliga) as I love watching him as a player. I remember him scoring a cracking goal against Stuggart last year (Bayern won 5-1) and still have visions of that goal.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Grimsby at home for the whites. I think they were the second worst team in the league in true terms last season so in theory it should be easy. but they knocked us out last season!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bayern Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has claimed Manchester United, Chelsea and Barcelona have all made offers for France playmaker Franck Ribery.

- Off the front page of soccernet.com

I wouldn't mind seeing him playing in a bigger league (no dispect to Bayern or the Bundesliga) as I love watching him as a player. I remember him scoring a cracking goal against Stuggart last year (Bayern won 5-1) and still have visions of that goal.
Caveat emptor.

Bryan have probably only just changed their piss-sodden underwear after convincing ManUre to pay through the arse for Hargreaves, whose knees weren't perhaps as advertised in the brouchure.