• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sign a couple of defenders who can head the ball, a midfielder who can tackle, sell and replace Adebayor. If a team's fool enough to offer 10m+ for Kolo then bye bye to him too. I'll be chuffed with that.

Think we'll win something this year. First season in a decade where Arsene is under any sort of pressure from the fans, let's see if he does what's needed.
Vermaelen and Sakho would be quite nice.
I wonder how badly Arsene regrets not signing Yaya Toure a few years ago when he had the chance. Doesn't seem there's much chance of him leaving Barcelona and I can't say I blame him for wanting to stay :laugh:.
I have no idea who he should look to sign in the center of midfield. Have a look at Lorik Cana? The availability of Gattuso (rumours linked him to Villa the other week)?

Craig

World Traveller
United being linked with Brazilian wunderkind Douglas Costa who stars for Gremio. Costa still has 4 years to go on his contract and he had a buy-out clause of £17.8m which I guess Gremio would want that or close to that amount.

Getting a WP shouldn't be a problem, he would play for United so I think they could get around such things.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Had no pyjamas dry for the big little 'un the other night. Had a think about what would be comfortable for her to sleep in and as such:

My fave photo ever ever ever ever ever. My fave ever TRFC shirt (99-2000 away, we were wearing this when we beat the filth at the breezeblock twice that season, as well as beating Fulham to get to the FA Cup quarters for the first time ever etc).

duffer

Thomas Vermaelen will have a medical at Arsenal on Friday the 23-year-old has claimed, ahead of putting pen to paper on a reported four-year deal with The Gunners.

Ajax centre-back Vermaelen has been tracked by Arsene Wenger’s side in recent weeks, with differing reports stating various stages of progression in his proposed move.

The Belgium international revealed recently there would be further talks over a switch to Ashburton Grove, although there has been a delay in the advancement of those negotiations due to the player's vacation.

However, he has now explained he will travel to London at the end of the week to complete some of the formalities of his transfer.

“The signature is not there yet, but everything is in order,” Vermaelen told Gazet van Antwerpen.

“On Friday I will fly to London to undergo a medical. Then I hope to sign.”

He continued: “I feel so proud. Arsenal is a fantastic club, and as a child I watched them play.”

A fee of £11 million has been mooted as persuading Ajax to part with their defensive talent, who scored four goals in 31 league appearances last season as the Amsterdam outfit finished third in the Dutch Eredivisie.

“On Friday, if I go to Ashburton Grove I will be seriously impressed,” he said.

“This will be a big change in my life, next year I will suddenly be facing the best strikers in the world.

“This does not scare me, I will give everything my body has.

“This is one of the best days of my life.”

He's got a great attitude, welcome to the Arsenal mate. Hope you're good.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Thomas Vermaelen will have a medical at Arsenal on Friday the 23-year-old has claimed, ahead of putting pen to paper on a reported four-year deal with The Gunners.

Ajax centre-back Vermaelen has been tracked by Arsene Wenger’s side in recent weeks, with differing reports stating various stages of progression in his proposed move.

The Belgium international revealed recently there would be further talks over a switch to Ashburton Grove, although there has been a delay in the advancement of those negotiations due to the player's vacation.

However, he has now explained he will travel to London at the end of the week to complete some of the formalities of his transfer.

“The signature is not there yet, but everything is in order,” Vermaelen told Gazet van Antwerpen.

“On Friday I will fly to London to undergo a medical. Then I hope to sign.”

He continued: “I feel so proud. Arsenal is a fantastic club, and as a child I watched them play.”

A fee of £11 million has been mooted as persuading Ajax to part with their defensive talent, who scored four goals in 31 league appearances last season as the Amsterdam outfit finished third in the Dutch Eredivisie.

“On Friday, if I go to Ashburton Grove I will be seriously impressed,” he said.

“This will be a big change in my life, next year I will suddenly be facing the best strikers in the world.

“This does not scare me, I will give everything my body has.

“This is one of the best days of my life.”

He's got a great attitude, welcome to the Arsenal mate. Hope you're good.
Good buy, the exact kind of player needed, lets hope it goes through.

Now need to move on to getting hold of a new midfielder.

duffer

Never seen him play apart from an Amsterdam tournie friendly we had against them but Ajax captain, regular International, 23 years old sounds like a nice pickup. Any of you guys here seen much of him?