• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pasag

RTDAS
So close :(

What a game though. Got within 3pts with only a couple minutes to go.

If Houlihan had kicked that one with a minute or so left we would have won.

Redbacks

International Captain
Their goal this season was to get respect (or at least that's what I think it should have been :p) and they have certainly done that. On and up for the blues from here on in, did well after losing Thornton before the bounce.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No Merrett, Patful, or Drummond bodes well for Franklin/Roughead though, and Hawthorn don't lose too often down in Tassie.
Merrett has been named to play tomorrow IIRC, which will be a huge boost. Still, we're still way down on experienced talls, and as you say Hawthorn are very hard to beat in Tassie. I'm not overly confident, but think it will be a close game all the same.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
1. The Golden Boys (Jonathan) 7-1 114.28% 28
2. Oldham Kangaroos (Dave) 6-2 112.15% 24
3. Burpengary Bulls (Sean) 6-2 106.27% 24
4. Aquiline (Gerard) 6-2 105.57% 24
5. Team Earth (Barney) 5-3 102.23% 20
6. Yellow&Black (Juan) 5-3 98.42% 20
7. Stuntney Swans (Dale) 4-4 101.48% 16
8. Brenton's Doggies (Brenton) 4- 4 101.31% 16
9. Opening Balance (Kingsley) 4-4 100.92% 16
10. The Cabo Cubs (Ferg) 4-4 100.14% 16
11. Goal Square Harmsy (Ryan) 4-4 98.34% 16
12. my team wins again (Ryan) 3-5 96.47% 12
13. Neitz's Tired Legs (Mat) 3-5 96.44% 12
14. Kipper XVIII (Callum) 2-6 98.83% 8
15. B-Ridge Buckaneers (Michael) 1-7 89.22% 4
16. wat (Daniel) 0-8 79.32% 0

The reigining premiers, Augustus's all-conquering Golden Boys once again lead the way, but are being hard-pressed by dav's 'Roos, who're leading the pommie challenge this year, Sean's Burpengary Bulls & Gerard's (Casson?) Aquiline, who all lie just 4 points behind. My unbeaten league campaign seems a distant memory, being stuck down in 7th with only percentile points keeping me in the 8. Last year's runners-up, Smitteh's wat, prop things up, but he at least has the excuse of not being arsed.

& I play Jono this round too. :mellow: Decided to save the transefers and take my arseholing on the chin, if that isn't too much of an anatomical mixed metaphor nightmare/disturbing mental image. :p
:cool:

Only lost my first match last week too.
Think he retired rather than being delisted, was injured at the start of last year, wasn't that great when he came back, the likes of Urquhart moved ahead of him,, with Harding also moving to the half back flank and he had turned 30. Would have been a depth player this year but given we are rebuilding somewhat and we've also got people like Greenwood to fill his role.

Currently absolutely dominating in the Northern League I hear though
Ah okay, cheers. Was a gun Dream Teamer, and was also pretty solid at half-back. Had a good 2007 when he moved into the middle, but I do recall him having injury issues (heal?).
No Merrett, Patful, or Drummond bodes well for Franklin/Roughead though, and Hawthorn don't lose too often down in Tassie.
Merrett is named. BIG IN! They're a chance.

cameeel

International Captain
Merrett is named. BIG IN! They're a chance.
Merrett has been named to play tomorrow IIRC, which will be a huge boost. Still, we're still way down on experienced talls, and as you say Hawthorn are very hard to beat in Tassie. I'm not overly confident, but think it will be a close game all the same.
Teams: Rd 12 squads including Sunday teams - AFL.com.au

Merrett a late withdrawal from the Lions side, certainly doesn't help their chances.

Hoggy31

International Captain
St Kilda aren't that good, look vunerable whenever a side starts to move the ball with any purpose. Geelong will beat them by 10 goals.

Hoggy31

International Captain
NickNat is going to be seriously special, it's a shame he plays for WC. Thought his ruckwork was the most impressive thing.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
NicNat looks like he might be as freakish as the hype has made him out to be. Genuinely exciting to see such a big guy jump so well, and have such good athleticism and skills. That bit where he juggled the ball from one hand to the other was amazing.

Wallace must have been sitting at home in the first half wondering why Tambling couldn't play like that during his time. Thought it was noticeable that the Tiges were making an effort to look team oriented, rather than their normal bunch of selfish ****s. Almost like they know they're on display to the next coach... ;)

Very early doors but looking at Josh Kennedy tonight, the Eagles may yet come to feel that in getting him, plus picks 3 & 20, for Judd, they in the long term broke even. There's a lot to like about him.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Teams: Rd 12 squads including Sunday teams - AFL.com.au

Merrett a late withdrawal from the Lions side, certainly doesn't help their chances.
Ah, wow put your house on Hawks now. With Drummond out too you can't see the Lions getting up in Tassie. Brown would have to rip them apart, and Black and Power would have to dominate as well.
NickNat is going to be seriously special, it's a shame he plays for WC. Thought his ruckwork was the most impressive thing.
NicNat looks like he might be as freakish as the hype has made him out to be. Genuinely exciting to see such a big guy jump so well, and have such good athleticism and skills. That bit where he juggled the ball from one hand to the other was amazing.
Yeah he was awesome. Every time he got the ball it was exciting. That grab near the goal square was amazing.
Very early doors but looking at Josh Kennedy tonight, the Eagles may yet come to feel that in getting him, plus picks 3 & 20, for Judd, they in the long term broke even. There's a lot to like about him.
Yeah I really love the way he goes about it. It was visible at Carlton, but he obviously hadn't matured yet.

It depends on how Masten and Notte come on though tbf. I'd still take Judd any day.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
St Kilda aren't that good, look vunerable whenever a side starts to move the ball with any purpose. Geelong will beat them by 10 goals.
Agree with in general what you're saying, but Geelong have looked just as vulnerable when teams move the ball well.

Richmond in round 2, Doggies and West Coast for much of the game.
Cotch!
Cuz!
Foley!
'Bling!
Mitch!

Everyone else was fairly ordinary.
Shane Edwards was superb! Showed a lot back in 2007, and then hasn't come on since. Obviously a very small body, but if he can add spark to our team like he did tonight,along with Nahas, he'll be a starter every week.

Hardh on Jackson too, dominated Kerr. Kerr got many of his touches whilst Jackson was off the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.