• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Not sure if the Dees are even playing to win
**** off ****, have you even watched them play? They've tried their absolute guts out every round this season, way more than last season. Their skills and experience have let them down at crucial times in most of their games this season.

inb4 "lol they got floggd by pies onli game i seen"

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Carlton vs St Kilda
Bulldogs vs Port Adelaide
Richmond vs West Coast
Hawthorn vs Brisbane
Adelaide vs Kangaroos
Essendon vs Melbourne
Sydney vs Collingwood
Fremantle vs Geelong

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Carlton vs St Kilda
Richmond vs West Coast
Hawthorn vs Brisbane
Adelaide vs Kangaroos
Essendon vs Melbourne
Sydney vs Collingwood
Fremantle vs Geelong

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
**** off ****, have you even watched them play? They've tried their absolute guts out every round this season, way more than last season. Their skills and experience have let them down at crucial times in most of their games this season.

inb4 "lol they got floggd by pies onli game i seen"
Cool your jets. Redback was definitely wrong to suggest the players don't want to win, but your club doesn't want more than 4 wins. Cannot deny that.

Melbourne were superb vs. West Coast and Doggies. Gave them genuine frights, and would have beat WC if they had 2 more mins IMO.

Redbacks

International Captain
yeah I was ****ed off with the Dees performance on the weekend. I think the praise should stop, sure they have a good game plan, but get down and dirty and win ugly.

Redbacks

International Captain
They're not good enough to win, but at least they're trying. Questioning that is bull**** IMO.
I think the game plan is aimed at 'improving' the young group but not directly on a week to week basis of getting the tactics perfect to get the 4 points (but in 2-3 years would be a finals style game plan when the cattle are ready, rather than going wide like the pies/tigers/crows 3 weeks ago). So it's not really questioning the players but rather the long term strategy which is to cut deep and rebuild.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Carlton vs St Kilda
Richmond vs West Coast
Hawthorn vs Brisbane
Adelaide vs Kangaroos
Essendon vs Melbourne
Sydney vs Collingwood
Fremantle vs Geelong

nz0003

School Boy/Girl Captain
Not sure if the Dees are even playing to win. They definitely want to get the top 2 picks by winning less than 5 games. Essendon should bounce back with a win.
TBF we should of beat Adelaide last weekend, and then after this round we would've been 7 - 5. But it looks like we'll end up 6 - 6, which is much better than I hoped before the season.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Carlton vs St Kilda
Richmond vs West Coast
Hawthorn vs Brisbane
Adelaide vs Kangaroos
Essendon vs Melbourne
Sydney vs Collingwood
Fremantle vs Geelong

nz0003

School Boy/Girl Captain
Is there a league in NZ?

I play over here in Aus, but I might be moving back, so I'd definitely be joining.

HeathDavisSpeed

I play over here in Aus, but I might be moving back, so I'd definitely be joining.
Yes, there is a league. I believe its pretty big in Auckland.

I play top grade in Wellington.

Granted. There is only one grade, and only four teams BUT there is a very good chance of making age grade NZ team (if you're under 19, that is). Three guys from my team joined up with NZ U-19s last year I believe. Most NZ and NZ age group reps come from Auckland though.

Oh, and I sucked. But I believe (but I haven't actually checked this out) but a former Essendon 1st team player was playing for us. He was about 55-60 years old, but still. He was our coach really, but occasionally played when we were short. It would probably be good of me to find out who he is and whether this is FACT or FICTION.

Last edited:

nz0003

School Boy/Girl Captain
Oh awesome, yeah I'm only 16, but I'm pretty sure I'll be bigger than all you guys :p

What clubs in Wellington?

I'd be looking for somewhere near Porirua.

HeathDavisSpeed

Oh awesome, yeah I'm only 16, but I'm pretty sure I'll be bigger than all you guys :p

What clubs in Wellington?

I'd be looking for somewhere near Porirua.
Wellington Saints
Wellington Bulldogs (easily the best team)
North City Demons (Porirua)
Hutt Valley Eagles (I played for these guys)

Would be very amusing to come up against you in AFL. You'd tear up in Wellington, I suspect. You'd be very welcome to play alongside me, however.

AND... All games are played at Elsdon Park, Porirua so you could still play for Hutt Valley Eagles if you wanted to and were living in Porirua.

nz0003

School Boy/Girl Captain
Wellington Saints
Wellington Bulldogs (easily the best team)
North City Demons (Porirua)
Hutt Valley Eagles (I played for these guys)

Would be very amusing to come up against you in AFL. You'd tear up in Wellington, I suspect. You'd be very welcome to play alongside me, however.

AND... All games are played at Elsdon Park, Porirua so you could still play for Hutt Valley Eagles if you wanted to and were living in Porirua.
Well my Mum wants to move back in the next few months, it just a matter of where I would play, I'd be moving to somewhere near Plimmerton or Tawa or even Porirua.

Also when does the seasons start?

HeathDavisSpeed

Fair enough then, what position do you play Heef?
Wherever I'll do least damage :ph34r: Back pocket or Full Forward as I recall.

I can't kick for **** though, which is a big issue. Good enough at taking marks, but pretty much lacking in every other facet of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.