• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Bitterly disapointed to lose today as i wlways thought we had the game under control until the last qtr. Some stupid decisions cost us dearly. Tippett and Edwards were brilliant.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Barry Hall's triple 50m penalty against Sydney surely the talking point of the round.

Completely changed the face of that game.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Barry Hall's triple 50m penalty against Sydney surely the talking point of the round.

Completely changed the face of that game.
Devastating as that was for a Swans supporter, it was ****ing hilarious.
Can't say I've seen a 150m free before. No surprises it went against Sydney though.

For the Vics amongst us - Robert Walls- I've often wondered who this bloke is? He coached Roos didn't he? Paul Roos I mean.
Anyway, been meaning to post for a while that I think he's a ****. Talks like he never made a mistake - ****s me to tears really, coz I figure if he was mistake-free as a coach, he wouldn't be commentating. And why does he talk about it like it's brain surgery? He sounds like one of those appalling tennis commentators who see Earth-shattering revelations in every point.
Why doesn't he just **** off, I guess I'm saying.
Edit: great goal by Chapman there for the Cats

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah, calling Walls the Chappeli of football is probably a good comparison. He's obviously smug, but he was a three-time premiership player for Carlton, and a premiership coach.

Reckon he's done enough to be able to rate himself.

He's also a Hall of Famer.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great choice I made in supporting Adelaide ;)

What a game! Bad luck mikeW; I thought Essendon played bloody well but Adelaide's accuracy and some moments of great skill from the Adelaide forward line turned the tables.

A great game for the neutral too, I suspect.

pasag

RTDAS

What a game! Bad luck mikeW; I thought Essendon played bloody well but Adelaide's accuracy and some moments of great skill from the Adelaide forward line turned the tables.

Never be magnanimous to an Essendon supporter. When you beat them the only course of action is to point and laugh.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
These are the rules:

- Hate Collingwood, Carlton and Essendon and rejoice if your team beats them, no matter how crap your own team's season is going (unless you support them of course)
- Laugh at Richmond (even if you do support them, like me :() and Fremantle
- Watch Geelong and St Kilda every chance you get, because they're aesthetically amazing

Feel free to add others...

Redbacks

International Captain
Yeah, calling Walls the Chappeli of football is probably a good comparison. He's obviously smug, but he was a three-time premiership player for Carlton, and a premiership coach.

Reckon he's done enough to be able to rate himself.

He's also a Hall of Famer.
In that case: Ian is instructing current players to beat the living suitcase out of Binga as we speak :ph34r:

Redbacks

International Captain
-Lament at how dour the Swans are 60 seconds into the match,
-Praise 'Shinboner' spirit when ever the roo's play well.

Like Walls on the couch, he was very honest I thought. When he thought a team or a player weren't good enough he would say it flat out. Even better listening to him commentate when the Blues give the pies a belting and the fans are leaving. "Goodbye Joffa and Co. thanks for coming today. Gee I love the look on the Magpie fans faces right now" :happy:

howardj

International Coach
'big name' coaches are behind the times. The game has surpassed the Malthouses, the Sheedy's, and now the Wallace's of the game.

Look at the more successful clubs these days:
Clarkson
Thompson
Voss
Ratten

Richmond need someone recently out of the game to coach them next year. If they name some old hack, I will no longer be supporting them.
Richmond need a coach to do what Leigh Matthews did when he arrived at Brisbane. That takes experience at well managed clubs, and a club willing to do whatever it takes to deliver on those demands.

A "young man" may be 'in touch' but won't have the necessary power or natural authority to make the changes that a rabble like Richmond need, both on and off the field.

The long term plan should be a short term (2-3 years) commitment to an architect and a succession plan to hand over a first rate football department to a "young man".

Richmond are a long term project and a young man could simply lose his way which would be a disaster for all concerned.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain

Certainly a high standard game, didn't think Adelaide's game plan was going to work early. They seemed to just be trying to play on the counter-attack with numbers behind the ball. Then Tippett just kicked some great goals and marks. If truth be told before yesterday's game i had Adelaide pegged as an average side but following yesterday i can seem them making the top 4. A classy outfit with some unheralded players like Vince and Knights and even amazingly Edwards.

From an Essendon perspective whilst it was a disappointing loss its one we'll learn from. Coughing up that 21 point lead in the 3rd will teach us a bit, getting games into Reimers, Prissmall, Mcveigh whilst not at there peak fitness will do them good. Really thought Prismall got better as the game went on. Always good to see a superstar return to some form too. Scotty Luuuuuccas is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.