• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cameeel

International Captain
Code:
[U]CW Verdicts - Round 11[/U]

Richmond 2 19 [B]Western Bulldogs[/B]
North Melbourne 1 20 [B]St. Kilda[/B]
[B]Brisbane[/B] 19 2 Carlton
[B]Port Adelaide[/B] 21 0 Fremantle
[B]Essendon[/B] 12 9 Adelaide
[B]Hawthorn[/B] 15 6 Sydney
West Coast 1 20 [B]Geelong[/B]
Melbourne 4 17 [B]Collingwood[/B]

Redbacks

International Captain
Pivotal game for the Lions tomorrow.

Dare I say it, but she's an eight point game.
I think Ratten needs to ease off on the 8 point game theory a little. The cliché one week at a time is much better because by round 11 I don't think teams should be rating games as top 8 deciders. For all Carlton know their opponents could win the next 10 or lose them yet it will have little direct effect on Carlton's overall season. Sheedy's 8 point game was usually put together in round 18 or later when it was sink or swim. Then he gradually moved these games earlier into the season when the dons were a weaker team and his coaching effectiveness had declined.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Jeez, I hope whoever is in charge at the Tiges next year moves Pettifer on (so long as Collingwood doesn't end up with him). Embodies all that has been wrong with Richmond in the last ten years.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Thought when Tambling got caught 5 seconds after the opening bounce was apt.

Griffin will win a Brownlow, such an awesome midfield.
Griffen is the most frustrating player we have. Can't handle a tag to save his life.

Higgins and Ward, however, are claaaaaaass.

howardj

International Coach
I think, when he has fronted this season, he's been a real asset.

To that end, I think he will be one of the few 30+ Richmond players who will be retained on the list by the incoming coach (who my Punt Road spies tell me will be Jade Rawlings) for next year.
My spies are often mocked, but they deliver yet again.

Redbacks

International Captain
What criteria do you think is needed for Rawlings to get the gig? If he can win 5 games that would be a good thing, more notably: get the tigers to put 4 quarters of football together, rather than their often burst of good and then fade out, and I think the board may be impressed. Certianly under Wallace the tigers have had issues with putting 4 quarters together consistently enough, and also the skills under pressure don't hold up to make them a finals contender.

howardj

International Coach
What criteria do you think is needed for Rawlings to get the gig? If he can win 5 games that would be a good thing, more notably: get the tigers to put 4 quarters of football together, rather than their often burst of good and then fade out, and I think the board may be impressed. Certianly under Wallace the tigers have had issues with putting 4 quarters together consistently enough, and also the skills under pressure don't hold up to make them a finals contender.
I don't think he has a chance in hell of getting the gig for next year, unless he does something absolutely extraordinary. Even if he does do something extraordinary, chances are they will have appointed a big name before then anyway.

Apparently he was chosen for this year as his elevation will cause the least disruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.